So much for friends

Discussion in 'Suicidal Thoughts and Feelings' started by Ljt, Apr 12, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Ljt

Ljt Well-Known Member

Hi, this is my first post or comment about me and my issues so I apologise in advance if it comes across as blunt or anything like that.

I have for months been reading online about depression, anxiety and suicide and everywhere it says talk to a relative or a friend. I understand that people find it very hard to open up and talk about their issues and people find it easy to write stuff down ( I know I do).
    I didn't know what was going on with me until I read other posts and I realised I felt the exact same as a lot of people.
    I recently opened up to a friend or what I thought was a friend. It took a lot of confidence to let someone know how I felt about myself. Since then I feel I have been shunned and ignored by that person. I don't know if it's because they didn't know how to reply to my issues or they didn't want to know but either way people all have their own lives and it's been an eye opener for me that people put themself before those who really need help, even if it's just a text a day to ask how you feel or a smile.

I struggle with day to day life, bottling everything up and I fear one day I won't be able to bottle it up anymore and I will do something drastic.

My point in this post is to say to people that you are not alone and there is lots of people who feel the same way. And I think and hope some will find peace and comfort from these posts that people have shared their deepest feeling and in a way their secrets.
  2. SillyOldBear

SillyOldBear Teddy Bear Fanatic Staff Member Safety & Support

Welcome Ljt. We are glad you have joined us, but sorry you feel the need. Wouldn't it be grand if there were no need for sites like this!

I understand about opening up to other people. They just don't get it. They don't understand how miserable our lives can be. They don't know how to respond to us. They may even fear what we may do. Sometime their reactions are selfish, but usually I think they are just confused and don't know how to respond. It can also take us many years to heal and recovery. And even the best of friends can get tired of supporting someone over that long a period of time.

But you have arrived at a good site. Feel free to share here. Join us in the chat rooms. We are here to support each other. And to do so for however long it takes.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.