So much for "support" forum

Discussion in 'Rants, Musings and Ideas' started by TheLoneWolf, Aug 28, 2012.

1. TheLoneWolf

TheLoneWolf Well-Known Member

These days I seem to get far more criticism than support.

Oh I'm sure some of it is "well meaning"... you think that by making me feel shit about myself, it will prompt me to change something. Well, you're right, it will prompt me to change "something", all right.
  2. TheLoneWolf

I already know that most of you hate me.

I am now going to go out of my way to try to make sure you hate me. That way I can at least say that it was my intent all along.
  3. TheLoneWolf

Oh good. I'm glad I'm the only one replying to my thread. I'm glad I could be here to give myself support. I think I'll just spam the shit out of my own topic to make myself seem important. Then you can all talk about what an annoying asshole I am. You already say that behind my back anyway, don't you? You talk about how obnoxious or crazy I am. You, who hears voices in your head; you, who talks to imaginary beings; you, who is paranoid that men in black suits are out to get you; you, who was locked up in a mental hospital - you think you have the right to judge me? WHO ARE YOU TO JUDGE??? You think you're perfect? You think I don't see your flaws? I see all of your flaws. YOU ARE ALL FLAWED. But you all want to act like you're perfect. I'm the only one who will admit to being flawed. At least I'm fucking honest, which is more than I can say for you.
  4. TheLoneWolf

So who will dare to talk to me in my current volatile state? Hmm? And when you do... will you say something kind and supportive? Or will you just throw more gasoline on the fire? Based on my experience with "humanity", my guess is that somebody will attempt to provoke me, under the guise of being "helpful" or "honest". When really, all you wanted to do was to get under my skin to feel better about yourself. Admit it... you have a little bit of troll in you. You see somebody who is angry and in pain, and you think, "hey, here is my chance to piss him off and make myself look good in comparison"... so that you can tell yourself that you're a nice, helpful guy while insulting somebody else to boost your own ego. Go ahead, everybody does it. Here is your chance, Mr. Hero. Prove to the world how much better you are than me.
  5. MoAnamCara

MoAnamCara SF Artist

I don't know what happened to make you feel this way. I am sorry for whoever provoked you or whatever happened.

Yes, we are all flawed - I would certainly agree with that. sometimes it takes time for others to respond, most of us here are dealing with our own issues. It happens to me frequently.

Perhaps if you could share what has bothered you or is bothering you about SF either here, or if its more appropriate post it in Letters to Management.

Take care of yourself
  6. BornFree

BornFree Well-Known Member

Hey TheLoneWolf
    I dont hate you. I am so sorry you have been hurt so badly. I am flawed through & through. I do hope you can feel free to keep posting & talk about whats happened. Perhaps name & shame them in a letter to Management?
    You are a valuable member of sf & I enjoy reading what you write. You deserve to feel safe here, please dont keep quiet if someone is harrassing you.
    Take care
  7. carebear32

carebear32 Well-Known Member

Hey LoneWolf,

I know how you feel. A lot of the time I feel the same way about the site, like you'd get more support leaning against a wall than talking about it. If it helps any the one thread of mine that you answered made me laugh and not many people have been able to do that. Thank you for that :hug: .
  8. youRprecious!

youRprecious! Antiquities Friend

Wolfy - we are all flawed, none of us is perfect, and those who would like to consider themselves perfect are the most flawed of all.

We're all here learning how to get out of our pits..... the one thing I have learned is that this starts with our own thinking, and that we don't in fact help ourselves by dumping all the blame onto others, even though there are others who like to try us on purpose, etc.

I'm sorry that that is how human nature seems to be, but people who do that do so because of their own stuff. And there is always the possibility of misunderstanding to consider - in which case, seeking more information about their meaning is useful and necessary :) And it's in doing stuff like that we find our pit isn't so dark and deep cos there's been some light let in, hun :)
  9. tness

tness Well-Known Member

TLW: I don't hate you :) we have had our conversations over PM, and you have been listening to me and my problems. You have been very open and honest, and I have apriciate that very much.
    You are a good person.

If you worry or thinking about something and need my opinion pls write. I will try my best.
  10. Samara

Samara Account Closed

I don't feel like it's my chance to make myself look better if I respond to you. I am not responding to give you advice either.

I am just responding because we have spoken a bit for a small amount of time thus far, and I have not 'hated' or been disgusted by the person behind your monitor, typing on your keyboard (you). I am responding, because I see you growing frustrated, and it seems you feel like there is a choke hold around your neck right now, on this forum.

I like the avatar change, by the way.
  11. TheLoneWolf

HAH! No, the management has decided to take the side of the people who provoke me. And rightfully so, because they have obviously determined that I am a lost cause. A fairly logical assessment, I would say.
  12. TheLoneWolf

Once again... it doesn't matter what I think. The management is not on my side, never have been and never will be. Nobody understands me, they misinterpret every fucking thing I say. I'm better off not saying anything at all.
  13. TheLoneWolf

I do try to help people, I really am a good person deep down, but people who don't know me just jump to all of these fucking conclusions about me and take what I say out of context. It's pretty much inevitable that no matter where I go in life, I will either be ignored or I will have lots of enemies. It really is a waste of time trying to be part of this so-called "society". I've been ostracized for so many years, and here I thought I had finally found a community where I might be accepted, but no, I was wrong.
  14. TheLoneWolf

Thank you for trying to be helpful. But there is no light in my life and there never will be. I know you're religious, and I'm glad that helps you, but your God hates me. Always has and always will.
  15. TheLoneWolf

Thanks, but as I've already mentioned, it doesn't matter if I'm a so-called "good person". It doesn't change how other people feel about me.
  16. Acy

Acy Mama Bear - TLC, Common Sense Staff Member Safety & Support

LoneWolf, from time to time, people will disagree with one another, misunderstand one another, tromp on one another's feelings...That said, I'm really sorry you've been having a hard time today. I hope you realize that in spite of disagreements and misunderstandings, no one has suggested that they don't want you here or that you're not a valuable person. You are wanted, accepted and valued.

I hope you take what I'm saying in the caring way it is meant. :hug:
  17. TheLoneWolf

I wasn't referring to you... I was talking about anyone who might take the opportunity to tell me what a mean and spiteful person I am. I won't name names, because I'm not trying to be a dick and the mods would delete it anyway. Unlike SOME people around here, I don't resort to personal attacks. All I ask is that if they don't have anything nice to say to me, that they don't talk to me at all. I didn't pick a fight with anyone, they picked a fight with me, and people all rush to their defense because nobody gives a fuck about me, and nobody understands what I was saying anyway.
  18. Samara

Samara Account Closed

Wolfy, I saw that thread; I think the main issue was that the person who created that thread was in need of support and encouragement. I believe people pounced on what you had to say, because it could have discouraged the OP or made them feel even more down.

I know what you are discussing, but if someone is already struggling, and begins considering how vile mankind is, and how gross the world can be at times etc.... they may not always see it in a 'reality' kind of way, but may start thinking and feeling how cruel life is, and how mean the world is to them etc... might trigger or remind them of just bad things.

I am saying this, because I feel like it wasn't people attacking YOU, but just people being upset with some of the delivery that you had. Right now you are very angry... maybe angry with yourself, angry at the world, angry with your circumstances, angry with what is not going on, and what you can or can't do etc... there is a lot of anger, as you mentioned above too, on page 1 I believe.

Anyone who is in the least bit emotionally traumatized, would struggle to deal with someone else's aggression in the form of anger. Even you are struggling with it. On that note, perhaps then, you might be right that people do not understand it... but they have no way to deal with it either... just like you are trying to find a way to dump it off somewhere, and get it out of you.

It's probably really hurting you right now. You can vent to me if you need to, though.
  19. Raven

Raven Guest

I know some of the members here think that staff is sometimes out to get them, or that we are against them. We are in no way trying to take sides in matters and in fact believe it or not we are all human and prone to mistakes. Hell not to many years ago I thought it was a good idea to get drunk and come into a work sponsored event just to say piss of to my boss I hated. In the end none of the staff here tries to take sides, we really are trying to make this a place everyone can make their voice heard and sometimes we end up pissing someone off.

I have talked with everyone involved and this was not the intent and I know all of this sounds like some platitudes bullshit. But give us the benefit of the doubt is all I am asking and in the end if you really feel that we have in some way wronged you or in dealt with a situation improperly feel free to get in touch with one of the admins here.
  20. Witty_Sarcasm

Witty_Sarcasm Writer, Musician, Fun Lover, Magic Maker

I certainly don't hate you, and I hope you don't think I'm giving advice or helping you just for the hell of it...I do it because I care about you. So do a lot of other people here, although you might not be able to see it right now. If people didn't like you, then you wouldn't get a single reply, especially of telling you good things about yourself. I know what it feels like to have so much anger towards everyone and everything, and that's a really bad place to be. If I could take on a fraction of the pain you are feeling, believe me I would do it. I didn't call you my best friend for nothing, and I'm sure you saw something good in me if you thought the same of me.

I don't think anyone has come at you with malicious intent, although I know it can feel that way sometimes. It's happened with me before, as I've had misunderstandings and fall outs with people, and a lot of times it wasn't as bad as I thought it was. But when your emotions rule you, it can be hard to see anything else. I feel as if you're self-destructing and I don't know what to do to stop it. If I was there, I would help more, but I can't right now....I can only do so much from here. But you do have my unending support and friendship, and always an ear to listen as I have many times before. Even if you don't believe me or anyone else here, just know that it's true and I speak from my heart.