• Please read the thread in Forum News and Announcements pertaining to race related discussion on SF - thank you :)

SO much responsibility

iwihbn

Don't the sun look angry at me?
So I've taken on more to get out of this depressive episode.
I'm now the unofficial bills manager for my flat of 6 undergraduates, gearing up to try to get into law, and taking a MOS specialization in Excel. It feels like its too much. I've gotten my mates to agree to bills, but theyre trying to delay getting on the system when we're under a time limit. I'm never going to match the people who took law for first year, and I need to get into a training contract to pay for a conversion course, all so I can get old and have money. Excel gives me seizure symptoms.
Nothing feels right for me, and I can't imagine getting older and what the hell am I meant to do if/when I am a lawyer? Work for 80-90 hours a week for 20 years to have too much money I won't spend on anything? Living seems pointless, and at this point I'm only really doing it because thats whats expected of me and I need a goal, otherwise I'll be living on the streets.

1964dodge

Has a frog in the family
Forum Pro
SF Supporter
have you thought that being a lawyer can be more than just about money? maybe you can practice in a small town by yourself. charge a reasonable rate over time so everyone can have fair legal services. or charge full price for those who can afford it? you can live a very rewarding life and have money but not the greed. you could help a lot of people...mike...*hug*shake

iwihbn

Don't the sun look angry at me?
have you thought that being a lawyer can be more than just about money? maybe you can practice in a small town by yourself. charge a reasonable rate over time so everyone can have fair legal services. or charge full price for those who can afford it? you can live a very rewarding life and have money but not the greed. you could help a lot of people...mike...*hug*shake
Thats very fair. I plan on donating 10% of my income once I get out of my training contract, split between disadvantaged youth programs and mental health helplines. But I think I'll need the experience of a prestigious law firm before I can go on to SME firms.
Thanks very much for your input :D

Please Donate to Help Keep SF Running

Total amount
$30.00
Goal
$255.00