So my best friend who I am in love with threw himself at me...

Discussion in 'Family, Friends and Relationships' started by A_pixie, Feb 15, 2011.

1. A_pixie

A_pixie Well-Known Member

when he was drunk and high.

I said no out of sensibility and then out came this confession of love saying he's in love with me, and has been for ages... he sees me as so much more than a mate and wanted to be my boyfriend. Spent the whole night kissing and doing lines off of each other.

Then the next day he claimed he remembered nothing, wasn't ready for a relationship and still sees me as his best mate.

I don't know what to do. We're both still cool with each other but he claims he's a very confused person and at the moment he sees me as a friend but if that changes I'll be "the first to know"

I need an opinion badly I haven't eaten in 3 days thinking about this I'm going fucking crazy here!!!
  2. me myself and i

me myself and i Account Closed

Ermm, two options for me.
    1) He has used you.
    2) He is confused, maybe very insecure and afraid of your reactions and commitment. You have not really mentioned what you really want though?
    Will a relationship spoil the affection you have for each other, or enhance it?
    One things for sure, the decision is yours, think carefully, follow your heart but make sure your head is close behind......
    I wish you so well, whatever happens.
  3. aoeu

aoeu Well-Known Member

He used you for a night of pleasure.

Things you need to stop doing:
    Hanging around with friends who use cocaine
    Falling in love (for the near future)
    Having sex (for the near future)

I think you need to take some time off from romance/sex, I don't think you're doing a very good job at it; a break might allow you to clear your head and make some better choices. I also think you need to spend some time in therapy, which might do the same.
  4. Prinnctopher's Belt

Prinnctopher's Belt Antiquities Friend SF Supporter

I'll have to be the third to concur with the POV that he just used you in a time of seeking sexual pleasure. Never take the things people say while they're intoxicated seriously, especially if they're sexually aroused, they'll tell you anything, even that they love you.

Sorry to say he's not at all interested in you romantically. Fall in love with someone who is and will reciprocate those feelings. You two can still be friends, casually.
  5. WildCherry

WildCherry Staff Member ADMIN

I know this isn't exactly what you want to hear, but I have to agree with what the others have said, especially that particular part of Aoeu's post. You deserve someone who wants to be with you all the time, not just when they're high on cocaine (or anything else). Spending a night doing lines off each other just doesn't seem to be a good way of finding that special someone.