So nervous about tomorrow's interview

Discussion in 'Mental Health Disorders' started by lachrymose27, Aug 31, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. lachrymose27

lachrymose27 Well-Known Member

I have to meet the team tomorrow, sort of like an interview but it would involve a lot of I would think: socializing

I am nervous because I haven't done internships in a long while. Though I have casual talks with strangers sometimes, I am kind of required to do so at my retail work place but at least I can present myself how I want (just being me). But this internship is more of a big deal on how I present myself. I don't want to come across as a jerk or loner kind of guy, but the look i have (my facial features) is so damn neutral, a little more on the "why do you look so depressed" side. I don't like to smile because I'm kind of shy and I feel ugly.

If i can't get over this low confidence issue, they definitely won't keep me on after the internship is over. so sad, so sad. (and so scared for tomorrow)

2. pinkpetals33

pinkpetals33 Well-Known Member

How did it go almost there.....

3. Borrowed time*

Borrowed time* Well-Known Member

Hi
    I hope your interview went well.

4. total eclipse

total eclipse SF Friend Staff Alumni

YOu can only be yourself okay polite kind don't force yourself to be anything else okay YOuwill do fine let us know how it goes okay

5. lachrymose27

thanks guys, the guy was suppose to shoot me an email over the location of the place after talks on the phone, but he never did, so i'd have to call him now because I was suppose to be there in an hour from now. i hate situations such as this.

So, I just left a voicemail, but I'm thinking I sounded like a total jerk. I'm not even sure now if I said thanks at the end, and I hung up 5 seconds ago. This is terrible because he was the one who reached out to me through a mutual friend. Bummer, but if it doesn't work out, keep trying (more job-hunting, yipee!). I can't have this constant negative energy all the time.

Last edited by a moderator: Sep 1, 2010
  6. Borrowed time*

I no what you mean, you feel prepared then something happens that throws you off balance.
    Good Luck

7. lachrymose27

Definitely, the guy did call me back though and i should be heading out now. The anxious feeling coming through, but I'm just giong to do whatever needs to be done. socializing will destroy me though.. later guys

8. lachrymose27

ehhh, i felt as if i left a bad impression. i hate this feeling!

9. Borrowed time*

When should you expect an answer?
    I feel like we are both going through the same thing. I always feel like iv left a bad impression and that i have said something wrong. I can spend days just thinking about how people perceive me or if i have said something wrong to them. Its drives me crazy. The thing you need to remember is that everyone has there own opinion on things. You think your interview went bad but they may be thinking it went well and you ticked all the right boxes. Its hard i know, most of the time i cant take my own advise but im still trying.
    I stayed in my last job for 5 years hating every dull moment of it because i knew i would break down in an interview and not be able to answer the questions. I only went for the interview for my current job because i walked out of that job and i need money for my pets and a reason to get out of bed. Like you i thought id messed up, i knew i was awful. Answered most of the questions with yes and no. Luckily for me they seemed to like me and i got a respose with in 10 mins of the interview ending. I think the waiting for an answer is the worst part.
    Im sorry not very good advise but just wanted you to know i understand what you are going through.

10. yous

yous Well-Known Member

I wish you good luck. And I want you to trick your brain. I want you to tell yourself if you don't get the job "who cares?" "They don't want me, it's their loss."

You think this way should relieve some anxiety.

11. lachrymose27

thanks, i actually do do this, but its always in a constant battle with the other side negative side, and the other side usually edges it out more

thanks sunny, I was told it would be contacted within a week, the thought alone is embarassing for me. i did not have to answer any questions though, they just kept on talking and i guess they were waiting for me to ask questions and test mein that aspect... anyway, things will be good, whether or not they like me. just move on and look for something else (positive thinking) :)

12. Borrowed time*

Good for you and good luck, let us all know the out come :smile:

13. lachrymose27

its weird because i got hired after two days of interning... i feel awkward and hope hes not doing it out of pity lol..

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.