so overwhelmed

Discussion in 'Suicidal Thoughts and Feelings' started by TroubledYouth, Jan 7, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. TroubledYouth

TroubledYouth New Member

My mom has been a constant sufferer of depression for most of her life, and i clearly am developing the same symptoms. Often times, when any little thing troubles me, I become very tempted to commit suicide. In my desperation I will often spend hours on end contemplating the notion and how I will do it. I feel that unless i get help soon, I will become another victim to myself. If anyone can provide support of any kind, please help me... i dont know how much longer i can take this life.

2. helena

helena Staff Alumni

Hiya :)
    So sorry to hear about those feelings.
    I guess you need to talk to a therapist, find out where it come from.
    I dont know if you can inheritate depression, though it often seems to run in families.
    On the other side, it could be a subconscious reaction to you're own experiences while growing up, that's why it seems wise to me to talk to someone professional;
    Of course you can come here all the time for support, we'll do our best to make you feel heard and safe.
    Take care

3. Stranger1

Stranger1 Forum Buddy & Antiquities Friend

Hello TY,
    Welcome to the forum!! You say your mom suffers from depression, so you know what it can do to a person. Is she getting professional help? If she is then you should follow her example and seek some out for yourself. You will more than likely be better off going to the hospital and telling them what is happening with you. Then they can refer you to someone.
    I do strongly think it runs in the family. My mom suffers from it but won't get any help, I suffer from it, I have two neices who suffer from it, my daughter suffers from it but is in denile. So you see it has to be hereditary. Myself and one neice are getting help, everyone else self medicates with alcohol or drugs.
    It is never to late to get help but you have to want it or you will just be wasteing money and your time. For them to help you have to tell all so they can come up with a plan for your treatment. You also have us here at the forum who will support you and to listen to you. Don't be afraid to open up because no one knows who you are. Take Care!!~Joseph~

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.