So sick and tired

Discussion in 'Self Harm & Substance Abuse' started by matman1960, Nov 8, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. matman1960

matman1960 Member

I am so sick and tired of being a drug addict. I have been using for over 30 years.I am addicted to methadone and Xanax atm. I have screwed up my life and my loved ones. I wont keep a job. From the time I wake up until I pass out all I think about is killing my self. If I weren't such chicken I would have been dead by now. I should just stop all drug use and take the withdrawl like a man. Its either going to kill me or make me better. I heard that I might have real bad seizures when I stop the xanax. Doctors. rehab centers and what not are out of the question I have no money or insurance. What should should I do?? Please I need help very badly. Thanks for reading..... Matt

2. Sadeyes

Sadeyes Staff Alumni

Go to the Emergency Room and they have to treat you...they will start the process of Medicaid so that they will get paid, and you will have insurance and entitlements...you do not have to do this alone...while you are Medicaid Pending, you can be admitted to a rehab program and get other care...J

3. total eclipse

total eclipse SF Friend Staff Alumni

Yup go to emergency tell them you are so low you are afraid of doing yourself in
    Get the support from there on in okay from hospital it is all possibel go in and get help for you okay You are deserving of help so get it.

4. matman1960

matman1960 Member

Thanks all for your advise on this. I went to the emergency room about 4 years ago for this same thing. All they did is locked me up in a psych ward for about 4 days. I was going thru withdrawls the time I was there. They let me out and I went right back to using again. But I just might try it again. You all know I am too scared to kill myself. But if this keeps up I just might do it anyway scared or not. I do have a family that cares I dont want them to be hurt by what I might to myself. Thank u for being there for me. Matt

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.