So, so alone

Discussion in 'Suicidal Thoughts and Feelings' started by starchild, Oct 6, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. starchild

starchild Well-Known Member

I'm sorry, this may sound very self-depreciative and even clichéd, but right now I feel just like I could easily kill myself. Last night my girlfriend, who has been with me for the past 3 months and who has given me so much affection and has made me feel so much better about myself, broke up with me because she doesn't think it can work in spite of the distance between us. Before I met her I never thought that anyone, anywhere, could ever have feelings for me, and now I feel so, so empty that all the gradual improvement I have made was all for nothing. I'm now back to square one; back to the old suicidal, agoraphobic, self loathing me.

It goes much deeper than just a relationship; it's like anyone I have ever loved or had feelings for either dies, leaves or neglects me in some form. I start university again today, and I fear I don't have the backbone or emotional stability to go in there without worrying what people think of me. My mind is so clouded and lost that I fear I will never recover. I just need somebody.

I'm sorry venting this, but I really wish for all this to end.

2. ace

ace Well-Known Member

Dear star first and foremost it's not self-depreciative and I mean it because having someone that more than often be the difference between feeling depressed and happy.I understand what you're saying I've been there myself and know what it feel's like,it rip's you apart but I don't want to say anything that you already know.

It will take some time that's the truth I wish it would be much easier than just talking over a PC,because you probably feel yeah I've heard it all before.If you would like to talk via PM anytime I'm free.

3. Stranger1

Stranger1 Forum Buddy & Antiquities Friend

Maybe you should approach a school couselor and tell her/him just how you are feeling. No guarantees but they might be able to shed some light on attending class.
    It sounds like you need some therapy! You can usually find one that is on a sliding pay scale. They should be alot of help for you, because they can teach you how to cope with things and to not discount the positive things you accomplish!
    As far as relationships go, just bide your time someone else will come along who makes you feel whole again! Well I hope some of this helps you!!~Joseph~

4. aoeu

aoeu Well-Known Member

I know exactly the feeling. I'm ruined without my girl...

I don't think therapy helps.

5. Stranger1

Stranger1 Forum Buddy & Antiquities Friend

Yes some people just dont get the help. My self I can't say it enough because I guess I got lucky and found one who likes her job and she is good at it. All you have to do is try it and see if it helps. You have to participate and open up before they can help you. I have told mine just about everything. You have to have some secrets. I Wish You Well Being!!~Joseph~

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.