so so sad

Discussion in 'Grief and Bereavement' started by mookies mum, Jul 24, 2009.

1. mookies mum

mookies mum Member

My daughter died over five ago and I miss her so much I just think one day I will just die from the sadness . I think of her all the time and miss her so much, I would love to see her face again, hear her voice or touch her hand. No-one really knows how I feel, they all just think Im having a bad day, but its more like having a bad life.
    Im no good to anyone anymore just making everyones life sad. I dont know why my husband stays with me, suppose he just feels sorry for me , but I think one day he will just go, the other kids are all grown up now they dont really need me. I just feel like my life is over.
  2. Aurora Gory Alice

Aurora Gory Alice Well-Known Member

Hi Mookies Mum,
    I'm so sorry for your grief and I'm not sure what to say other than have you and your husband talked it over much? Or sought grief counselling?
    I know it sometimes sounds like it might not help but you'd be surprised at how much it can help. Peer to peer therapy also might help, talking to other parents who have been through it? Nobody expects you to get over this, I don't think I could. It's all about learning to cope. Your husband loves you which is why he stays and your life is not over believe me.
    Keep talking about it and keep coming on sf, whatever helps you to get through the bad times. Maybe you can do something to try and remember her like plant a tree or make a box with pictures and stuff, you can always keep her memory alive but please don't feel that your life is over.
  3. Shadowlands

Shadowlands Official SF Hugger Staff Alumni

I'm sure it's sad but that is life. She lives in your memories. Stay strong! :hug:
  4. total eclipse

total eclipse SF Friend Staff Alumni

My heart bleeds for you the pain you feel everyday its unbearable yet your other children are grown they will always need your love and support. The pain they must be in loosing their sister. The guilt feelings it is hard. I lost someone last year and i continue to worry about my daughter I know the feelings the pain and all one can do is try to move on. There is no making sense of it because there is none. Grief councilling is much needed one to one or in a group. Your husband must be in terrible pain perhaps both of you could get grief councilling together or even as a family with the rest of the siblings. 5 years is not a long time ago you need help to heal this pain and learn to hold on to your daughter with less pain in your heart. Please seek out some kind of councilling please your daughter would want to see you happy.
  5. Petal

Petal SF dreamer Staff Alumni SF Supporter

:hug: I'm here if you need someone to talk to.
  6. wheresmysheep

wheresmysheep Staff Alumni

i am so so sorry about your daughter. i wish there was a way to releave your grief. have you sought grief counselling? i'm sure your not the burden you think you are. try talking to your husband about it. he's there for you and you should look forward to your life together. try leaning on him for support you dont know what you might get in return :hug:
  7. mamakat

mamakat New Member

I'm so sorry, hun.. I hope that some day your happy times will outweigh you sad ones.