so, some years ago

Discussion in 'After Effects' started by scaryforest, Mar 19, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. scaryforest

scaryforest Banned Member

took a load of pills 'cause first world-ly my heart was broke or whatever.
    and i woke next morning and it felt like biggest hangover known to man.
    noone knew for a time and half, then i told my psych at the time or assessment person, whoever

and suddenly mental health care woke up and wanted to help me
    however, couple of years passed and noone gave a fuck anymore. and still do not

funny thing is, i don't know if i wanted to die. i think i did 'cause why else would one take 943059 (lol, slammed it, can't remember how many i took and doesn't even matter) of something that you're only supposed to have 1 of
    but they called it an attempt anyway
    i don't think about it much or feel it much though. and then i read and hear people never moving on from theirs and how their attempt stinted them
    and mine did nothing of the sort
    i don't even usually compare experiences. 'cause it's all different or smth

wow, random
    and no idea what question i had in mind or anything as i typed this

2. total eclipse

total eclipse SF Friend Staff Alumni

I am glad the mental health woke up and helped you at the time and i hope that if you can yell loud enough so they will wake again and help you when you need it ok no more attempt though ok just make it clear to your doctor how your feeling hugs

3. scaryforest

hi.
    i no longer have a doctor. haven't had since october or november, anyway...

i mean a personal one. takes ages getting one and ones i've had are and have been a bit... idk how to phrase
    last one said i'm too ill for mainstream treatments
    one before that was all: anti depressants and go speak to ten kinds of different psychs. one before that quit on me and referred me to someone else
    and so on

i know i always say: not all doctors are like that to others here
    'cause they're really not
    i suppose i just don't want one or need one, or want someone on a more personal level

so i'm pretty much on my own, i mean, in general, not to do with this attempt years ago...

4. total eclipse

total eclipse SF Friend Staff Alumni

Shame doctors are able to just walk away and give up on people they did that to my brother as well now he has no gp no doctor to prescribe meds for him hard like you say because there are no new docs out there he has to sit in emergency for hours just to get a repeat on his drugs stupid it is and no follow up care

I do hope in time you will reach out again to find a good doc for you

5. scaryforest

that's frustrating also!

i'm not sure anti depressants are the thing for me or idk, was a short term solution in past...
    what would you suggest other than a new doc?

6. Kairo

Kairo Well-Known Member

:hug: i'm sorry you're on your own
    I don't have experience with doctors/meds when it comes to mental health..i wish i had suggestions.
    Have you ever tried/considerd therapy? That would be personal, an alternative to meds for you maybe

7. scaryforest

thanks for replying, grapes.
    i have tried some therapies, ones which they said i am too ill for.

i believe there are more, i mean there must be. but none of these docs and psychs ever find it of interest to tell me about them... i don't know where to research.

i tried depression anon near where i live and they are all: ring us. which i could deal with eventually but it is only once a month or smth...

8. lonel

lonel Account Closed

hi scaryforest, i wish you well

IMO for me my depression is from; and needs to be attacked from; two angles: psychologiacal and physiological. the psyche is just talking to people- friends may just be as effective as therapy. but is needed and physio is just brain chemistry this also should be considered.

i live in a diff country, but ive heard people talk in aa groups about diff treatment they were seaking and sometimes got ideas just by listening. about where to go for help but to me the depression aa sounds great- even once a month is better than nonce a month

i wish you well

9. scaryforest

cried a while

you're saying give it a go and look into more? i'll do that then
    thank you

10. lonel

lonel Account Closed

yes total i say if something doesnt work, try something else or differernt or at least keep trying with what you have, but keep trying

11. flowers

flowers Senior Member

Maybe someone in depression anon knows of other groups or meetings or therapies? Might be worth getting to know them. idk. Just a thought

12. scaryforest

so i found smth new. online check in depression group
    they mention suicidal thoughts group, bereavement and well, link here if anyone stumbles across this post and requires

https://www.turn2me.org/group-support?gclid=CLOWoKONob0CFQKWtAod9DEAAw

i also found one i didn't see last time for me, where you don't need to apply, you just turn up on wednesdays so i guess i'll be checking that out

13. lonel

lonel Account Closed

vool good
    cool , great!

14. Kairo

Kairo Well-Known Member

It’s hard to take the initiative and give things a try when you feel down, but you’re doing a great job of it right now I think. I hope it goes well when you check it out
    We’re pulling for you scaryforest

15. scaryforest

it is hard espec when so many docs and things have failed before
    gets hard to keep believing smth will work so since those events it appears so far i've just floated along

wednesday 3 o'clock. and that also seems like a lifetime away. for what do we want? improvement. when do we want it? now
    thanks again for encouraging words

16. Kairo

Kairo Well-Known Member

I hope the days go by quickly until wednesday forest :hug:

17. Kairo

Kairo Well-Known Member

Hi,
    I dunno if you went to the group last wednesday, but if you did I hope it went well.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.