So, they done it..

Discussion in 'Positive Feelings and Motivational Messages' started by Sa Palomera, Apr 18, 2010.

1. Sa Palomera

Sa Palomera Well-Known Member

After living here for nearly 4 years and always saying that at some point I'll join the local footy team.. my mate finally convinced me.

I guess that the fact that I'm not from this area and have only started to get to know people from around here since last summer, as I'm dead shy about meeting new people, it has kinda always stopped me from doing so..

but yeah, now my mate who used to be in the footy team and is going to join the team again convinced me, so now next week I'll be joinin in with their practise and if I enjoy it, I'll be joining their team.

Back when I was about 10years old or so, I joined the school's footy team for a few years and I was actually pretty alright, we ended up third in the national school-team competition regularly and once we even ended up second.

I've always had a passion for footy. Not watching the games on TV, but to play it myself, but my parents wouldn't let me join any team cos they said it was a guy's sport :dry: I still hate them doing that, to this day.

Anyway, so yeah, I'm joining in with the practise next week on Monday, and if I like it, I'll be joining the team :biggrin:

2. Bambi

Bambi Well-Known Member

That is great...but what is a footy team?

3. Sapphire

Sapphire Well-Known Member

You mean soccer, right? :) I don't understand why your parents thought it was strictly a guy's sport... I mean many women play soccer.

4. plates

plates Well-Known Member

football i think?

go you! you sound like you're doing something that meant a lot to you when you were younger and you'll enjoy now. i remember having those comments about it being a guy's sport, when i was just watching football, i didn't get it. :mellow: i can't say i was good at playing it though. :tongue:

keep us updated as to how it goes.

5. Sapphire

Sapphire Well-Known Member

I remember playing soccer during gym in school; I sucked. lol I was afraid of the ball. I mean some classmates were playing soccer in their spare time, as well, so they were very good and really knew how to kick the ball really hard. I mean it flew through the air like a cannonball!

6. xXxRNBxXx

xXxRNBxXx Senior member

aww well done hunny thats fantastic news :eek:) I'm soooo glad your doing something you enjoy it will be great for you hunny... keep going babe your doing a great job.

I'm soooo very proud of you I really am !!!

Love you always

xRx

7. brokenandlonely

brokenandlonely Well-Known Member

Very nice Est, I think this will be something positive for you since it will help you get out and about more often and it's something that you enjoy doing! :) :hug:

8. Sa Palomera

Sa Palomera Well-Known Member

I was talking about footy as in soccer, yes. :smile:

Thanks all for the comments! :grouphug:

I'm rather excited about it as I've always wanted to play football.. I guess I just needed that little push my mate's giving me now. She's gonna start with me on that Monday as well, will be her first time playing in a few years so at least I'm not the only one starting then, hehe :smile:

9. brokenandlonely

brokenandlonely Well-Known Member

Very nice Est, glad to hear that you aren't going to be starting alone and you have a friend to tag along as well. I think it's a great way to do something that you enjoy especially with someone that you enjoy being around. :hug: