So Tired of These Feelinga

Discussion in 'Suicidal Thoughts and Feelings' started by LifeLikeASong, Oct 9, 2016.

1. LifeLikeASong

LifeLikeASong New Member

Hey everyone, new here. Anyways, hear me out, cause I'm not sure what to do.
    I came her because I can't really talk with my friends about this kind of stuff as my cousins has had issues with suicidal thoughts I've had to talk him out of as well as most of my friends. I can't have them worried about me too. So the thing is I've been dealing with a lot of self-doubt and depression as well as suicidal thoughts for about 10 years now (?) And I'm getting worried. It's becoming obvious these feeling aren't going away any time soon. Worse thing is half the time I don't know why I even feel this way. I'll be fine one day and the next I don't even want to wake up and when I do i can't go back to sleep.
    These feelings have affected my work, my education, my social skills. I don't know what to do, and I don't know how much longer I'll last under these conditions. It can't be good for my health as well. As the reason why I'm typing this at 5 AM. If anyone can give me some tips or some help on how to deal with these feelings please do. I feel like I've tried everything.

I'm sorry if I broke any rules, please let me know if so
  2. BarryW

BarryW Well-Known Member

Hello LifeLikeASong,

I'm glad you found this forum and are giving it a try. There are so many kind and supportive people in this community that I bet you will find something valuable here. I read over your story and could relate to some of it as it started out pretty similar to my own. I first noticed my depression in 6th grade as well, and spent most of that year suicidal. Here I am 20 years later on this forum -- obviously my depression has not gone away either. I don't have the answers yet but I am looking; that's why I'm here.

I have this same problem. You will not be looked down upon here. Stay in the fight.
  3. moxman

moxman Rosie is a wonderful woman, and an awesome person. Forum Pro

Hello Life, I am Mox

Thank you for joining us here at SF. Thank you for sharing your story with us. I invite you to read mine below in green. Just know when you are here, you are safe. No one will judge you. No one will ridicule you. That behavior is not tolerated here. I understand about not being able to talk to friends and family about suicidal feelings. The "S" word is such a big taboo in our culture. It can really hinder us getting help. I spent a month in the VA psych ward, I knew my family would never understand. So I lied to them all , and told them I was hospitalized for colitis.

It sounds like you have battling suicidal feelings , for a very long time. Has anyone ever explained why the Suicidal thoughts happen? If not, would you like for me too explain it?

You mention you have a lot of self-doubt, about what my friend?

Are you seeing any kind of mental health professional , to help you deal with all of these mental health problems?

I would personally love to hear more about you. What are you going through? Tell me everything. I will not have all the answers, but maybe I will have 1 or 2 that help you ease this burden, you are carrying.

What coping mechanisms do you use to help you deal with all of these feelings?

What has hurt you so much?

If you wish to discuss these issues in private for any reason, feel free to PM/IM anytime.

Take Care My Friend