So tired of this life...

Discussion in 'Suicidal Thoughts and Feelings' started by saltydogmk, Apr 21, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. saltydogmk

saltydogmk Member

There is absolutely nothing worth living for...I know cutting is not the right way too cope but it is the only thing that seems to calm the suicidal urges...Why must I live when I have little to no desire to live...People pass away all the time and all I can think is why could that not have been me instead...I hope I get the courage to go through with it someday...but until that day comes I will simply suffer with this life and no one will ever know or care that I suffer alone...I hate my life with a passion and I don't think anyone could care less that I long as I keep my mouth shut about my depression it's like it doesn't exist...atleast that's how I think my friends and family see it...I'm sorry to sound so bleak about everything...I just need to vent and I hope I have not upset anyone in the process...If I have I am truly deeply sorry:(
  2. Lauren7

Lauren7 New Member

Hey- I was in the chat with you.

I'm in the same situation. I have been cutting for 6 years - therapy didn't help and nobody knew until last year when a friend walked in on it. I have thought about suicide as well. I drove away for a couple days not too long okay and when I came back I realized that nobody even knew that I was gone, let alone cared--- made me feel pretty shitty about my life. Because I posted something on a public forum not too long ago, I now have someone who emails me every day asking if I'm okay and if I need to talk. I know I have never met her, I don't even know what she looks like- but she cares.

You don't know me, but I care that you are upset. Because I am depressed as well, I might not be the best person to talk to, but if you want to talk to me you can. You can even email me at I'm here to talk- just reach out. I won't judge, as long as you don't judge me. :) Nobody has to suffer alone.
  3. spidy

spidy Well-Known Member

I ll say this to both you seek help for depression and good youve reached out here and lauren great youve met somebody you can talk too cause this is the most important thing you both can do talk it helps lots.Life is worth living we just have to get over few hurdles and this does take time and a rocky road is ahead but once thats cleared it becomes a few small ruts which ya can glide over.The cutting hopefully will cease ive been there and it does take pain away but can get hard to stop so quicker ya can get on top of that the better but if it keeps you from hurting yourself further its something that works but both probs are solevable please keep reaching out for help as its what you need and dont be ashamed of it.
  4. pppqp

pppqp Well-Known Member

you are not upsetting anyone :hug:
    have you ever sought professional help, hun?
    i think you are in dire need of anti-depressant meds and therapy.

take care xx
  5. saltydogmk

saltydogmk Member

I am working with a team of people called the ACT team and have my own therapist but I think the meds I'm on are not working. You people have been a big help to me and I think I will be able to go to bed tonight without cutting. thank you for being supportive *hug
  6. spidy

spidy Well-Known Member

So glad to hear that and we are here for support all the time you take care and get some help and always let it out here and big hugs for being a trooper
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.