So tired...

Discussion in 'Mental Health Disorders' started by yogurt, Apr 29, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. yogurt

yogurt Active Member

I'm so tired all the time and I usually have a very dull headache. I've lost interest in a lot of things over the years but it's getting worse. I used to do art...and I don't care anymore. Sometimes I make myself go out and take pictures but I don't have a passion for it like I used to.

I'm not sure who I am anymore.

No motivation. No goals. No dreams.

There's food, internet, and sleep (whenever I can sleep).

I don't want to be like this. I know I'm not being lazy...it's the depression.

And it pisses me off that I can't think my way out of this.

2. FBD

FBD Well-Known Member

have you tried counseling or getting other professional help? it might be a worthwile attempt to help you

3. Stranger1

Stranger1 Forum Buddy & Antiquities Friend

I know how you feel about a passion that you just can't get into it.. Mine is reading and I haven't been able to read and concentrate in over a year.. I have had to find other distractions to occupy my mind..With depression comes lack of motivation.. I spent the first fourteen years just lying in bed staring at the ceiling..Therapy helps but it doesn't have any affect on motivation.. You have to reach down deep and motivate yourself..Sometimes it might take a day or a week.. It's there you just need to find it.. Take care!!

4. total eclipse

total eclipse SF Friend Staff Alumni

make one goal just one a day and do it make it for the morning so it will motivate you to get out of bed. same with dr appt make them in the morning as well. do small things at first and be happy with the small accomplishments these little steps will motivate you to do more take care

5. yogurt

yogurt Active Member

Thanks, people.

I do see a therapist but I don't go for another week. I called this morning to get in maybe Monday or Tuesday but she's booked.

My mood swings have been very bad. I go from sort of having hope to none at all and it happens whenever it wants to.

I just quit a job b/c my state of mind is getting worse. I had a huge drinking problem but have been a year sober now. I was afraid I was going to relapse or do something stupid...so I quit. I hate feeling uncertain. I sent out a resume yesterday--I'll have to wait and see what happens with that. I will call them within a week if I don't hear anything from them.

I feel clammy. I hate that feeling.

I bet people think I'm enjoying my "vacation" because I don't have a job right now. It's not a vacation. I'm not relaxed at all.

I wish I could shut my brain off.

And I'm disgusted with myself because I don't stop eating. I went clothes shopping today and had to look at myself in the mirror. I've always had weight problems. Ugh.

I have a doc appointment next week, tho. My meds aren't working anymore and I'm going to try something else. I just need to hang on until then.

Edit:

I'm nearly 30 and I'm living at home with my parents because I can't take care of myself. My mom just told my dad that I quit my job. He's the kind of person who doesn't understand depression. No wonder he was so quiet at dinner. Just great. I don't need him nagging on me. I have enough to deal with...like trying to find reasons to keep living.

Last edited by a moderator: Apr 29, 2010
  6. carekitty

carekitty Guest

I so understand how you are feeling. It's like the life energy has just been sucked out of you, and there's nothing left. And just when you feel like you are starting to get up a bit, you crash back down again, and you don't even always know why.

I wish I knew how to help you. I would like to shut my brain off for awhile as well. Geez, some people seem to be able to do it most of the time! ; )

I hope you can get some help from the therapist, and maybe different meds if that is what you need.

In any case, if you ever need to talk, I understand what you are going through.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.