So triggered

Discussion in 'Rape and Abuse' started by MoAnamCara, Nov 6, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. MoAnamCara

MoAnamCara SF Artist

I had to look up some info for something and it led me to documents about previous things. I knew at the time it was stupid to read, but that's what I did. Now I can't get certain images and feelings to go away. Really high anxiety and all that goes with that. Why do I do stupid things to myself? And why won't these things just fuck off and go away??????? This is so trivial, I know. But it's so difficult.
  2. True-Lee

True-Lee Well-Known Member

It is not Trivial if it Triggers you!, We do things to ourselves because we can, they don't have to make sense, they don't have to be right or wrong, some times we think we can handle more then we actually can, we want to believe we are better, stronger or smarter and bang, off we go! We have images and ideas in our minds for a reason, some times we lose them, due to head injuries on 2 occasions
    as a child I suffered amnesia as a result, I still to this day cannot remember for approximately two weeks around the time of my injuries, I would give almost anything to be able to remember what happened but i cannot! I was told there was some reason for my memory lapses, I believe there are reasons why you remember, I am sorry I know you said they hurt, your pain receptors are working, that is why or maybe part of the reasons that you remember, I get mine in nightmares, they hurt as well, I share your pain . Some of our pain is to remind us, it is like a detour sign saying don't go here don't look there, some of the things I still call up to share with others, I don't necessarily want to but I feel someone else can benefit from my mistakes or I make them specific points to make an analogy, they hurt none the less. I am sorry, please take care of yourself, Please remember there are reasons for so much we do.
    Some time there are consequences as well! Like it or not, that is the way Life Is! We are here for you for these reasons!
  3. flowers

flowers Senior Member

Trival? Oh Mo, it is not trivial at all. When there are these huge triggers and old stuff comes slamming us hard, it is anything but trivial. Please know that i care. A lot. I hope you will keep writing here about it. Sending hugs. Dont know how to do that on this new website'

I just tried to talk to a fb friend about my mother coming. and the challenges. But instead it turns out he mother is the same. and I am having to console her about her mom. I tried to talk about mine. But she really just needs to be heard. So much for trying to get some relief. Now I am stuck in fb chat consoling her. when I could be having my breakfast. meger as it is. I want to eat
    Last edited by a moderator: Nov 7, 2015
  4. MoAnamCara

MoAnamCara SF Artist

Three months ago I wrote this thread. For a few years I've been writing about such things. When does this ever fade into memories one can deal with? How to get rid of the nightmares, of feeling scared, of any little noise making me jump, of the smells, the sensations, the feelings? If I try to work on it I get triggered. If I don't I still get triggered. There's no way out it seems.
  5. ThePhantomLady

ThePhantomLady Safety and Support SF Supporter

Have you been in any form of therapy to help you deal with this? The brain does these things if we don't start to work on giving it other ways to react. Your brain has 'learned' to associate those triggers with danger and that's why you react that way... It's horrible. And I'm so sorry you have to deal with this.
    Do try to get some therapy, if you have before you might need some more. I am going to start DBT soon for my own issues with this.
  6. MoAnamCara

MoAnamCara SF Artist

Thanks...I'm in therapy and have been. It's just so difficult. It's like two steps forward and one back, or one forward and two back.
  7. ThePhantomLady

ThePhantomLady Safety and Support SF Supporter

Every progress has setbacks, hun, the main thing is that you keep going. You'll get there!
  8. MoAnamCara

MoAnamCara SF Artist

Thanks for suggesting I can do something I obviously can't.

I appreciate your response.

Nothing else to be said.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.