So Upset

Discussion in 'Help Me! I Need to Talk to Someone.' started by Immental, Feb 5, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Immental

Immental Member

I don't know what to do. I feel like giving up. I have nobody. I had a huge fight with my husband and he said it was over and to get out several times, but I said why should I get out, I own half the house? Besides, where would I go? I don't know where to go. Maybe check myself into the hospital for the 3rd time in 2 months? Hotel? I was mad at him for not defending me when he spoke to CPS. Pretty much I'm not allowed to be alone with my son, which is killing me. I would never hurt my son. Myself yes, but never my son. I sat on the floor in the kitchen and just balled my eyes out. My husband could care less about how upset I am. He doesn't seem to understand anything I'm going through. He's not crying at all and seems perfectly comfortable playing with our son. I don't know what to do and I feel paralyzed. I want the pain to go away because it hurts so bad. I'm a complete failure. I'm so upset I'm having trouble seeing through the tears. Is my husband serious? How do I separate from my husband, leave the house and move somewhere else? What about seeing my son? There is no one I can talk to.:distress:

2. Sadeyes

Sadeyes Staff Alumni

How sad and so sorry you are going through this! this does not seem like the time to make a decision, especially one that could influence how often you see your son. Is there someone who can help you sort this out, and can you call your counselor/therapist and see if s/he can see you? Sounds like family therapy would be a good idea too...even if you are not together, you have to co-parent...again, so sorry things are so awful and please continue to post

3. Immental

Immental Member

I saw my therapist today before all this happen. He doesn't take calls. My psychiatrist doles out the pills, but I wouldn't call him to talk. When I said I have nobody, it's true for the most part. I have one friend, but she doesn't seem to be comfortable talking about psychiatric problems.

I'm so upset that my stomach is in knots along with other GI upsets.

I want to at least self harm but I can't because it'll get back to CPS. Thoughts ran through my head of stabbing my arm but I didn't do anything. I can't go to the hospital because it'll get back to CPS.

My husband sitting over there acting like nothing is wrong makes me ill.

4. Sadeyes

Sadeyes Staff Alumni

When is your next therapy appointment, and can you move it up?

5. Immental

Immental Member

No, I can't move it because insurance only pays for it once a week.

6. Immental

Immental Member

Guess I'm sleeping on the couch tonight. The urge to self harm is really strong.

7. Immental

Immental Member

Can anyone help me?

8. Theodora

Theodora Well-Known Member

As Sadeyes says it's not a good time to make a decision. Your friend, like your husband, is probably very uncomfortable with talking about mental illness, hopes it will go away if it isn't acknowledged. It also scares many when someone close / like them is suffering. Could it happen to them too? So they react with anger rejecting that thought, the mental illness and it feels like us too at the time. Have you tried a crisis line to temporally ease the pain and loneliness?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.