so upset

Discussion in 'Help Me! I Need to Talk to Someone.' started by silent_chaos, Apr 19, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. silent_chaos

silent_chaos Well-Known Member

My doctor is leaving her practice. I'm balling my eyes out. I'm so upset that I don't want to be in this life. She was the only person I was down right honest with. More then my therapist. She took out extra time to ask me if i was ok mentally even though that wasn't her job, every time I've seen her. If I was having really bad breakung down. I could walk right in the office and she would squeeze me in. Even if it was on her lunch break. Even seen her at the grocery store couple of times and she would give me a hug. She has been my doctor for 12 years. I feel like self harming. I don't know what to do. I feel down right stupid to taking it so bad.

Thauoy likes this.
  2. ThePhantomLady

ThePhantomLady Safety and Support SF Supporter

I am so sorry. I think I can understand how you feel. *hugs*

But please don't hurt yourself!

Is she moving away, or could you still see her once in a while in a store? And could she refer you to someone she would think was a good doctor for you? It sounds like she wants what's best for you.

Deep breaths! Please try to distract yourself now, I know it's hard, I know. But it can work out!

3. Brian777

Brian777 Safety and Support Forum Pro SF Supporter

I'm sorry to hear this my friend and it's okay to take this bad. She sounds like a caring Doctor and that's hard to find these days. Hopefully you can find someone similar. Take care of yourself :(
    Brian

4. Petal

Petal SF dreamer Staff Alumni SF Supporter

*hugs* that's terrible new, i'm sorry this has happened. At least you had 12 solid good years with her. She sounds like an amazing woman!
    Rey and stay calm and keep talking to us. :)

5. silent_chaos

I don't know if she's moving or? The office just called today and said she is leaving I will be seeing the other doctor that's is there. For my next appointment. I didn't ask when she will be leaving, I should have.

Brian777 likes this.
  6. silent_chaos

It never even crossed my mind that this could happen.

7. Brian777

I've had it happen to me before and it is hard to deal with. Especially if you've built a good relationship with your physician over several years. It's like starting from scratch again. Like PhantomLady said, maybe she could recommend someone to replace her, she knows what problems you deal with and maybe would know someone that would be a good replacement, it's worth a try.

8. silent_chaos

Doctors are far and few to get around here. So I'm just going to have to settle with the new one from that office. At least my records won't get jumbled around. I can bet a million dollars I'm not the only one literally heart broken. She's irreplaceable. I don't know what to do with these flooding of emotions. I know I severely don't want then this way. I feel Like I could just snap and not come back

9. Brian777

Hopefully the new Doc is good, wait and see, you may be lucky and get a good one.

10. silent_chaos

I'm not going to let them in. I'm going to be a brick, this is an awful experience.

11. Thauoy

Thauoy Well-Known Member

You were very lucky to have her. She seems to be an amazing woman. It is very hard to find such a sympathetic, kind and loving person nowadays.
    I have never found any person who treats me with kind and love in my life.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.