So very lonely

Discussion in 'Family, Friends and Relationships' started by Lonely in NY, Oct 2, 2010.

1. Lonely in NY

Lonely in NY New Member

I always hear people say that you shouldn't rely on others for your happiness but I'm always alone. I am so freakin lonely and with every passing day the depression about how lonely I am worsens. It's this terrible downward spiral ... I'm depressed so I don't do anything and the not doing anything makes it hard to go out and meet people, friends or otherwise. I so want to be in a relationship that just the typing of that made me have to take in a deep breath. I never in a million years would have thought i would be alone at 53. what happened? and the longer i'm alone, the more bitter I become. so it's only going to continue to get worse. Take today for example. I asked a couple of people to go to an apple festival with me. I never heard back from them so i didn't go. all i've done today is watch tv and play on the computer. i am just so sad. anything i do, i do alone. and i don't know how much more i can take.

2. GreyCat

GreyCat Well-Known Member

hi! I read your post, so I thought I'd reply, just to say I hope youre feeling better since when you wrote it. all the best.

3. morning rush

morning rush Well-Known Member

I can totally relate to what you're saying...I'm pretty much alone all the time...and sometimes it drives me insanely depressed...the only person who will do stuff with me sometimes is my mom...but that's not the way to live at 27...I'm sorry I have nothing good to say to cheer you up or make you feel better...just know you're not alone...I feel the same way

4. James888

James888 Member

Hi. Maybe you could seek therapy? Join a club? Talk a walk outside...feel the wind on your face...the sun on your skin...and the life all around you...