So what.

Discussion in 'Mental Health Disorders' started by dvnj22, Feb 16, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. dvnj22

dvnj22 Well-Known Member

I'm a very sensitive person, I alway have been. Lately I've been thinking of my problems, but mostly the problems and sufferings of others. The cruelty of man has been weighing on my mind for some time. And last night while staying the night at my sisters house, I was meditating on the vastness of the universe, death, and insignificance of man - while reading the book of Job, and what i am feeling can be summed up in this Andy Warhol quote. “Sometimes people let the same problem make them miserable for years when they could just say, So what. That's one of my favorite things to say. So what.”
    I don't know of this is a good thing thing or not, I'm not indifferent towards the sufferings other people, I'm just at peace and humbled.
  2. total eclipse

total eclipse SF Friend Staff Alumni

sometimes hun so what works and i am glad you are at peace hun hugs
  3. meaningless-vessel

meaningless-vessel Well-Known Member

I think that's one impressive quote. Partly because it rings true in most situations that I know of - and partly because of what encouragement is inside it. Thank you for sharing it.
  4. dvnj22

dvnj22 Well-Known Member

Yeah, I love Andy Warhol - he was such an oddity. Which is why I like him, because I'm so weird. Also the qoute comes off as negative, but I think there is positive emotion in it.
    Last edited by a moderator: Feb 17, 2013
  5. stuck_in_limbo

stuck_in_limbo Active Member

I don't know, I feel everything has a meaning, so sometimes "so what" can be a cop-out. I know you have to press on in this world in spite of any sadness or awkwardness you may experience, but as I see it, nothing will ever be better unless you learn to handle those feelings. Otherwise, one (not you personally) is a loser and failure as an adult and human being...
  6. dvnj22

dvnj22 Well-Known Member

I think the "so what" works for some things, a least for me, but not for everything, I mean someone is killed, or raped, I would've never go "so what". I meant using this thinking for some of the smaller things in life that just constantly nag us.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.