So what

Discussion in 'Suicidal Thoughts and Feelings' started by Crashex94, Jun 16, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Crashex94

Crashex94 Well-Known Member

I recently finished the school year and at first I was relieved but now I realise that all I plan on doing for the summer is stay at home and not talk to anyone. Also, I'll just have to go back to school next year and again and again. After that I can only see myself getting a late night job that doesnt involve talking to anyone. But at the same time I want freinds but I'm afraid of making any. I'm hopeless, I dont even know why I keep going.
  2. shades

shades Staff Alumni

I hope you can find some solace here. Also, you can make some great contacts and/or friends. Is there nothing that gives you enjoyment?
  3. WildCherry

WildCherry Staff Member ADMIN

You aren't hopeless. You're still alive, and you've reached out here. That's something, a step in the right direction. Maybe making some online friends will help.
  4. Little_me

Little_me Well-Known Member

You're in the same situation as me, Crashex94! I'm also finished with school for this year, I've nothing to do but feeling bad and being depressed.
    But this site is awesome, it's a perfect distraction. Hang in there!

5. gentlelady

gentlelady Staff Alumni

You may have to make yourself go out of the house this summer. If you see someone you know, maybe initiate a conversation with them. People may not realize you actually would like to get to know them if you have been isolating yourself at school as I suspect you may be. Are there people you know you have common interests with? Maybe there is someone you feel "safe" about and you could call them up. Of course they would be surprised but something positive may come out of it. Taking that first step is always hard. I know you will meet people you can chat with here, but don't limit yourself. That is a trap many of us fall into. :hug:
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.