So What's Wrong With Suicide?

Discussion in 'Suicidal Thoughts and Feelings' started by ibinsanediego, Aug 15, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. ibinsanediego

ibinsanediego Active Member

Not sure where I'm going with this... but if one's life isn't turning out like it should, then why bother going through the day in and day out chores in pain?

I do think that people under, say 25, should hold on and at least give it shot before going down under.

My life has been a waste of time.. what I hate about myself is that I am a coward to live, and a coward to take my life... I hold onto the lie thinking one day something I will change... but I never do... so I live hiding from life, insecure, just enough confidence to hold low paying jobs, no self esteem.. never in a meaningfull relationship... so what's the point? I envy those who can do it.
  2. HappyAZaClaM

HappyAZaClaM Guest

>>what I hate about myself is that I am a coward to live, and a coward to take my life<<

you're not a coward. if you are decent kind person, which I sense is the case, life
    will be a lot more painful and difficult than if you were an insensitive bastard.

I bet that made ya feel better :)

I hope it did, cause I was trying to make you laugh. though, in my opinion, what I
    said is true. people that don't care...don't care! seems like it would be a lot
    easier that way. hang on. something good will happen, some day. hopefully.
  3. Anju

Anju Well-Known Member

What's wrong with suicide.

What's right with suicide?

It is a permenant solution to temporay problems.

Or at least that's what my doctor says:huh:
  4. Dave_N

Dave_N Guest

You know, just because a person doesn't lead a wealthy and successful life, it doesn't mean that he/she is a failure. God made us all differently with our own strengths and weaknesses. I've noticed that many people on suicide forum have some form of social anxiety and I have this as well to some degree. Our self-worth isn't measured by how much money we have in the bank. A poor man can feel good about himself too. For me, its the little things in life that make life worth living. I guess finding joy in the simple things like riding my bike or watching tv helps to get me through the day. Also, you're not a coward for staying alive. You're strong because you're staying in the game instead of quitting it.
  5. Victori@

Victori@ Well-Known Member

When life isn’t turning out the way you would like it to, than only you and you alone have the power to change it. Sometimes people go through a horrible time when they are a child, others go through it during their adult life. Suicide is extremely painful. It hurts so many people around you. I believe that we chose our lives. Before we were born we sat down and wrote a huge life chart for ourselves. You pick everything from your parents, to your co-workers, to your pets and children. We are here to learn and to push ourselves to our highest potential.

Live you
    Be you
    Just love you
  6. Dave_N

Dave_N Guest

I believe this too, but good luck trying to prove that we chose our parents etc. :biggrin:
  7. ibinsanediego

We are here to learn and to push ourselves to our highest potential.

must be nice to have gotten that programming... I didn't get it. I didn't get good grades, I was picked on, I shut down, did drugs for 20 years to kill the pain until I forgot why I was doing it.... then I quit, went to rehab, had a spiritual awakening... all for nothing... I'm still the screwed up kid that I was before I started using drugs. now I have a job that say's I can't do drugs anymore... except alcohol... which I can't do because of Hep C.
  8. Dave_N

Dave_N Guest

I've had a spiritual awakening too, actually a kundalini awakening to be more precise. It really changed my outlook on life and made me a more caring human being.
  9. HappyAZaClaM

HappyAZaClaM Guest

>>>Originally Posted by Victori@
    Before we were born we sat down and wrote a huge life chart for ourselves. You pick everything from your parents, to your co-workers, to your pets and children.

I believe this too, but good luck trying to prove that we chose our parents etc<<<

that's a little cosmic for a lot of us to buy into. personally I think it is a load of
    cobblers. there, I chose a colorful metaphor that isn't banned anywhere as my
    first step toward being more tolerant and open minded :)

baby steps, Dave. that's where it's at. baby steps. I'm struggling with it,
    but it's getting better!
  10. ibinsanediego

I believe that we chose our lives??

Really, so those million aborted babies chose abortion?
    When your're normal with with average intelliegence, then yes, you get to chose your life.... but a person who is born with limitations don't get the same choices.
  11. HappyAZaClaM

HappyAZaClaM Guest

ahem...I believe that the cosmic muffin constituency are referring to a
    different concept in terms of life choices. sort of like, there's your soul or
    spirit or some such nonsense out there in the cosmos, bumbling along,
    and lo and behold, there comes the first enemy you had in grade
    school. he's saying "pick me! pick me!" so you say, "sure, why not.
    in my next life, you can be a fire hydrant. ok, right! here we go!"

and then, oh...I guess you might find your WIFE or something bobbling
    around in outer space, or hell, your 2nd and 3rd wives. why not?

I don't mean to be so insulting to the folks who are into this stuff.
    to me personally, it's absurd. the abortion question was good.

"no wait! not ready yet. send me back. send me back dammit!"
    so ya get aborted and go back to the cosmos for another pass at it.

make sense? not to me, it doesn't.
  12. Victori@

Victori@ Well-Known Member

All in all, I think we are here to LEARN from our mistakes. Some people get pushed down and get right back up. Others take a real beating, and it just takes a little longer to get back on their feet. It sounds like you have had nothing but bad luck in your life and every time you try and do something about it, something else kicks you in the face.

I hope you can overcome all of this bullshit you had to go through!

If there were no rewards to reap,
    loving embrace to see me through,
    this tedious path I've chosen here,
    I certainly would've walked away by now.

But I'm gonna wait it out.
  13. touglytobeloved

touglytobeloved Well-Known Member

Nothing, the society make it looks like its wrong, but in the eyes of the ones who suffer, there is nothing wrong.
  14. Anime-Zodiac

Anime-Zodiac Well-Known Member

Nothing is wrong with suicide but nothing is also right with it either.

They say life is what you make it, I think that's just a phrase that people like to throw out there to others but in reality there are parts of your life that at times you cannot control.
  15. wallflower

wallflower Well-Known Member

I haven't made it to the otherworld yet, so maybe it should be a matter of choice. Wouldn't it be amazing if the passing over were treated as beautiful as the funeral or people were there and stood by your side, even if you chose euthanasia or some other way out of the body you were then? I think suicide could be a beautiful thing, if people cared enough to realize the difference between a life of pain and misery and a life of bliss and everlasting beauty.
  16. touglytobeloved

touglytobeloved Well-Known Member

17. DrowningInTears

DrowningInTears Well-Known Member

yes it does make me a failure, know why? Because i hate myself every second of my existance. I look at myself and see this worthless loser who is enslaved in peonage and torment that i hate. I hate wat i have become. I am a coward cause i live, letting society abuse me!
  18. Petal

Petal SF dreamer Staff Alumni SF Supporter

19. 164

164 Member

Giving everyone the satisfaction of seeing you leave for heaven while we reign in hell
  20. HappyAZaClaM

HappyAZaClaM Guest

Deleted Post...

this post has ceased to be. it is NO more. this is an EX post :)
    Last edited: Aug 21, 2008
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.