So, Who All Is Happy That I Have a Reason To Live?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Righteous

This topic is a continuation from my previous topic:
http://www.suicideforum.com/showthread.php?t=68426

I mean with all negative views pushed to the side, can't the people on this site who apparently hate me start looking on the bright side that I have a reason to live. I am not a bad person. I never get too drunk to where I'm not in good control of my car. Whenever I do feel too drunk, I pull over and got to sleep for a while. DWI laws are not fair and they're not for protecting people, they're for robbing people of their money and for oppressing people. However I do feel if someone does something foolish like drink a whole gallon of gin and then try to drive even though he can barely walk and then starts driving wrecklessly on the road, then he should be punished.

And look what God did. God set everything up for me to have a better life. I never though I was going to have a high paying career. But when I got my DWI, I had no choice but to go look for another job. I applied for my new job, got a call about 3 days later, went to the interview and got the job. Had it not been for the DWI I would have never got the job. God basically tricked the forces of evil into thinking that my life of happiness was over because God allowed the forces of evil to put me in a bad situation ( the DWI ). But instead of my life being ruined, it got better. I got a better job and I make more money. I know the forces of evil are looking foolish. I go to admit that God does have a sense of humor. He may have made me scared, but I ain't mad because this whole incident was for making the forces of evil look foolish. My life is better and the police and the legal system will still have to face punishment from God for arresting me and other people who have had a fair amount of alcohol to drink. I praise God, and if any of u guys want his blessings, I pray that he gives u guys a reason to live too

xan

Chat Buddy
For fuck sake... :dry: .... really? seriously? honestly? still trying to say it's ok to drink and drive? if there is a god you'll shut the fuck up about that I started out disagreeing, then you pushed so i pushed back but now...

Fine...

Do you accept that it is possible for you to run someone over? (if no please slap self in face hard)
Do you accept that alcohol has the ability to impair judgement? (if no please drink the said gallon of gin and go juggle some knives)
Do you now accept that there is a situation in which you could be driving along as normal and someone steps out infront of you, you break and thank god you stop literally 1cm away from the child, they cry, you appologise, the mother rushes out and hugs her child?
No take the same situation, you've drunk enough to be over the limit, you're reaction speed is slowed by .1 of a second, you think ah fuck it it'll be fine. You stop 10cm further foward than you would have without that drink... the mother clings to the shatteed body of her child?....

Issaccs

Sorry man but DWI laws are fair, it is not as though the police force you to drink and then get behind a wheel.
Moreover, if you were capable of drinking without it impairing your ability you never would have got a DWI because the police wouldn't have noticed you were DRIVING LIKE A DRUNK.

worlds edge

God basically tricked the forces of evil into thinking that my life of happiness was over because God allowed the forces of evil to put me in a bad situation ( the DWI ). But instead of my life being ruined, it got better. I got a better job and I make more money. I know the forces of evil are looking foolish. I go to admit that God does have a sense of humor. He may have made me scared, but I ain't mad because this whole incident was for making the forces of evil look foolish.
I've seen God defined many different ways, but never as a Loki-like Trickster. Good one. :cool:

My life is better and the police and the legal system will still have to face punishment from God for arresting me and other people who have had a fair amount of alcohol to drink. I praise God, and if any of u guys want his blessings, I pray that he gives u guys a reason to live too
What "punishment" are the police and the legal system going to suffer at God's hands? Please, do tell the specifics.

Axiom

Account Closed
http://www.suicideforum.com/showthread.php?t=67447

Kinda warped mate. You won't take responsibility for your singular actions, instead by intertangeling them in a web of reasoning that suits your end needs regardless of the damage you cause along the way. It's impossible to rationally talk to someone with your beliefes in my opinon about something once you've got your mind set to it. So, good luck, I guess it's like a safety blanket for you.

If you are truthful that you were operating a vechicle while drunk you are a dangerous person. Not to just yourself, but to everyone else on the road. Play with your own life the way you wish, but do not play with other peoples lives.

You know, the more I re-read your post I seriously think you are just trying to get a rise out of people here. I don't honestly trust what you've written at all. And to be honest, I don't care anymore about this thread.

Righteous

For fuck sake... :dry: .... really? seriously? honestly? still trying to say it's ok to drink and drive? if there is a god you'll shut the fuck up about that I started out disagreeing, then you pushed so i pushed back but now...

Fine...

Do you accept that it is possible for you to run someone over? (if no please slap self in face hard)
Do you accept that alcohol has the ability to impair judgement? (if no please drink the said gallon of gin and go juggle some knives)
Do you now accept that there is a situation in which you could be driving along as normal and someone steps out infront of you, you break and thank god you stop literally 1cm away from the child, they cry, you appologise, the mother rushes out and hugs her child?
No take the same situation, you've drunk enough to be over the limit, you're reaction speed is slowed by .1 of a second, you think ah fuck it it'll be fine. You stop 10cm further foward than you would have without that drink... the mother clings to the shatteed body of her child?....
I won't run anyone over while I'm driving drunk because even when I, drunk, I am still aware of my surroundings. I would never be a threat to someone's life just so I can get drunk

pisces

New Member & Antiquities Friend
Im sorry and dont want to be offensive but i read your previous post and this one and if you insist its was god's intervention think on this he's may have given you a chance this time but he may not the next and the consequences could be far worse than you ever thought possible,,there's no excuse for sheer bloody minded stupidity or you really should seek help

Hae-Gi

Banned Member
I won't run anyone over while I'm driving drunk because even when I, drunk, I am still aware of my surroundings. I would never be a threat to someone's life just so I can get drunk
It actually depends on how quick one's reactions are in the normal state. One might argue that someone with poor reactions should not be allowed to drive, or be imprisoned if he or she does. After all, a person with very fast reactions may perform better even when drunk, compared to the person with poor reactions when sober. However, that doesn't mean that it's okay that you get drunk, just because you perform much better than or equal to many or most others in that state, compared to how they perform while sober - if you have the ability to perform better than or equal to others, even when drunk, you should instead make use of your better ability instead of dampening it with, for instance, alcohol. It can be argued if it is right to punish a person with much better reactions for being moderately drunk while driving, but that doesn't mean it is okay that you get drunk and drive. Shouldn't you make use of the possible better reactive ability that you have while sober, compared to others, to ensure that you do not run over someone? Picture that you get drunk... your reflexes are still better than most... but you run over someone, just because of a few centimeters... a person who had everything to live for... maybe a previously depressed person who finally has found happiness. Maybe killing him or her, or maybe crippling him or her for life. How would this make you feel, afterwards? How would the knowledge affect you that if you hadn't been drinking, you would've stopped the car in time? Maybe the result of a sober person driving would've been the same, but so what? If YOU hadn't been drinking, this person would never have been hit. Shouldn't you make the best of your ability in that regard?

There's also no excuse for purple text.
I disagree - purple is an awesome colour. :smile:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Please Donate to Help Keep SF Running

Total amount
$70.00
Goal
$255.00