So You Think You Have Got It Bad

Discussion in 'Suicidal Thoughts and Feelings' started by Godsdrummer, Apr 17, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Godsdrummer

Godsdrummer Guest

So you want to end it all? Life isnt working out, correct?

Try this on for size;

Chapter 7 Bankrupty 1990

Chapter 13 Bankrupcty 1995

Chapter 7 BankRupcty 2005

Chapter 13 Bankrupcty 2009

Blood Pressure as high as 160 over 105

My Father molested a young female family member, went to prison and is not practically a walking vegtable due to the massive brain injry he suffered when he was beaten to within an inch of his life while in prison.

Really, really bad credit.

Car is a piece of crap, can't afford to fix.

Work 2 jobs, with never a day off. EVER.

Really bad teeth and gums

Hyiatal Hernia

IBS with polyps

Manic Depressive

Was sexually molested as a child around the age of 10 while on paper route.

Been a smoker since the age of 15! Now I am 42!

Was picked on and bullied from age 7 thru age 16.

Deviated Septum

Constantly get really bad canker sores

College Dropout

Given the gift of music by God, when ironically helped destroy my marriage and now I can't afford to keep up that gift.

Hate my sibling

Sibling hates me.

Poor eyesite

Sleep Apnea

Seasonal Echzema

Bad Asthma

And even with all of this crap, I somehow still manage to hang on each day.

I have a lot to die for. I have very little to live for. But I do. I struggle each day, for my kids, and for me.

And even though I have endured all of that crap, and am still enduring a lot of it, I continue to have some idea of hope that tomorrow will be a bit better than today.

Now if I can do it, so can you!
  2. Scum

Scum Well-Known Member

You definitely do have a lot going on, and I think it is absolutely amazing that you are still fighting, both for yourself and for your children.

I don't think that circumstances between people are comparable though because everyone experiences things slightly differently. I hope that people don't feel invalidated by the things that other people are going through though, because each person goes through things differently so comparing two people's circumstances is not a fair comparison and can lead to inaccurate assumptions being made.

I just think that's great that despite things being so hard for you, you are still hanging in there and holding onto the hope for the next day.
  3. Godsdrummer

Godsdrummer Guest

Oh I know and can appreciate your statement Scum.

It just saddens me when I read of someones post that they want to end it all because a bf/gf left them.

Everyone's issues are different, to be sure. I guess I wanted to put some perspective in.
  4. Scum

Scum Well-Known Member

Yeh, it can be hard to understand, but remember that when people post it's not necessarily everything that has built up or that is involved, just the immediate crisis pain of that moment.

And even if it is 'just' a situation related to a bf/gf, then that pain is obviously unbearable for them, and it's what it means to that person that's important, not what those who are reading perceive the situation to be/mean.

I hear what you're saying though, I am just aware that anything, even posted with good intentions, can trigger invalidating feelings in people and that can make situations worse.
  5. WildCherry

WildCherry Staff Member ADMIN

Wow. You've been through more than any one person (or any ten people combined) should ever have to go through.

Your post really does put a lot into perspective. Your strength is inspiring. You've been through so much, yet you're still fighting, still holding on.

I hope your luck changes for the better, and soon; you deserve a break!
  6. wastedmylife

wastedmylife Well-Known Member

id agree wth you on that. truthfully I have a hard time sympathizing with people on here unless they have some crappy physical problems, life is good if you are young and healthy you can always make your life better, of couse we have evil people running the world and certain countries, but if you are young and healthy you can always make your life better because when you are older you will look back on those years and wish you did things differently
  7. fromthatshow

fromthatshow Staff Alumni

I think this post was well intentioned but it felt like a contest of who's got it worse. All of our pain is deep :hug:
  8. Godsdrummer

Godsdrummer Guest

That was not what the intent was however. I just wanted to put some perspective out there.

I know that there are people who have it worse than me. I know I have it worse than some others.

I thought that it might help people, who are struggling to know that if this guy can do it, maybe I can too.
  9. Stranger1

Stranger1 Forum Buddy & Antiquities Friend

Hey Bill, As long as you keep trying you can never be considered a failure.. You have that going for you.. I have read many of your threads and I think you have an inner strength that you don't realise.. Why can't you continue with your music?? It's something that means something to you so why not at least Play for yourself, or get together with some friends and just have a jam session..Look for the positive things in your life and focus on them..
  10. soapymongoose

soapymongoose Well-Known Member

To be honest I could beat that. I'm not even 30. Nor am I joking.

I'm the strongest person I know. You have to be as you probably know :smile:

It's not my fault everyone sees me as weak, as it's not yours under similar circumstances. I'm glad you are 42 and still here despite all your problems, but everyone on this forum right now is still alive and wouldn't be here if they didn't have problems. I don't think inferring you are worse would help anyone to be honest. It's annoyed me a bit because if that's all your problems then, like I said, like for like mine are probably worse "in theory". We're both still here though and I appreciate your plight and sentiment :smile:

I think I know where you're coming from, but you shouldn't react. Deep down I think you probably know better.
  11. Victori@

Victori@ Well-Known Member

Great Post! I clicked on it cause of the title... My grandmother always said that... it made me smile... till i read the life you have lived and are living... way to go being strong! everybody has issues and it's great to see you working through it... it is life after all!!

12. Lovecraft

Lovecraft Well-Known Member

I don't particularly find the anecdote to be inspiring. Don't get me wrong, I commend you for living your life for your kids; I very much find that agreeable.

I however have no such entanglements. My schizoid personality has seen to it that I form no real relationships and my laissez faire lifestyle has left me with no obligations. I am myself an existentialist/nihilist/absurdist.

Are the situations not different? You can not expect one story to apply to everyone.
  13. Bubble

Bubble Well-Known Member

We understand the pain you have gone through but at the same time everyone feels pain different. Nobody should be expected to read your life story and go oh hey i shouldnt feel so bad because his struggling more then me. Thats just so wrong on so many levels.
    You havent put anything into perspective as you so intended to you have just made people feel sorry for you and other people question whether you actually understand what perspective is.

Life should not be able whose is worse and whose isnt, it should be about our own experiences and how we as individuals deal with them. Whether we choose to be sad over something or not is entirely our choice, Not somebody elses.
    There is a line between choice and what life throws you at, I am unsure as to whether you understand this as some of your "bad things in your life" are purely by choice like smoking, you can quit smoking (as hard as it may be, it is possible!) its not something that "makes your life worse" its you making your life worse.
    Last edited by a moderator: Apr 18, 2009
  14. Scum

Scum Well-Known Member

I was just wondering, if someone posted a list of problems you perceived to be worse than those you struggle with, or that others (such as the poster) perceived to be worse than yours, how would you feel?
  15. wheresmysheep

wheresmysheep Staff Alumni

see i could post back a list of what i think are my issues, and fair enough, probably wouldnt be as long, but is worse in its own way. and i'm only 20
    its not a contest and no matter how often you say its for perspective, people are here for their own reasons, and to them, those reasons are the worst in the world.
  16. soapymongoose

soapymongoose Well-Known Member

What if you use triple spacing between them?
  17. wheresmysheep

wheresmysheep Staff Alumni

now now, its not about invalidating petes problems, just the fact that whatever anyones going through to make them feel suicide is the last option, to them its the worst thing, so people should respect that.

but now in saying that, there are a few times when i think people are just being stupid, but its still their problem, have to respect that
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.