So...

Discussion in 'Self Harm & Substance Abuse' started by Shelbi, Apr 15, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Shelbi

Shelbi Account Closed

I decided on my own free will to come here.
    I have been cutting my self for about a month now. I haven't told anyone but my closet friend and my boyfriend. My reasons are family problems and probably just my self esteem. I wish I could just stop. I notice how it hurts people, especially my boyfriend. My friend slapped me when she saw them...
    Any help? I just want to stop this.... but it numbs me. Its like I can't stop crying until I do it again.

2. Scum

Scum Well-Known Member

Have you got any professional help?

Do you know what it is about cutting that makes you want to do it? What do you get from it? I'm asking those because if you can work out those things then often you can work out something healthier to put in its place.

Welcome to the forum :)

3. crookxshanks

crookxshanks Well-Known Member

im so sorry that you feel the need to cut. when you can work out why you do it then thats a starting point as to stopping. talking to someone who is a professional will help because you wont have been the first person they will have encountered who self-harms, whereas im sure the people around you are finding that they dont know how to help, sometimes they can help or hinder you

btw welcome to the forum x :hug:

4. WildCherry

WildCherry Staff Member ADMIN

First of all, welcome to the site.

Like the others have said, trying to figure out why you started cutting is a good beginning.

I run a support site for people who self-harm; the link is in my profile, and you're more than welcome to check it out.

5. Shelbi

Shelbi Account Closed

Thanks for the welcome.
    Since this is an odd thing for me... I rather not answer those sort of questions on here...

6. Scum

Scum Well-Known Member

The beauty of a forum is that you can talk about as much or as little as you want.

Maybe with time you might feel a bit safer here, but until then, only talk about as much or as little as you want.

7. That's a warm welcome. :) I've not been on lately, too much to deal with. Dad nearly died around Christmas, and school is crap. People are mean. They don't seem to understand that what they do or say can affect people in such negative ways. This happened in middle school to me, some kid named Renee was picking on me, my bus driver made Renee look at me, I was crying hysterically. I mean, no, I don't go through sexual abuse like most, but I've been in that boat of abuse. Emotional and Physical, my little brother was the cause. Holy buckets~!
    I need to shut up now...in school, need to finish stuff for class.
    Bye bye.

8. Shelbi

Shelbi Account Closed

Thanks again for the welcome
    I've still been cutting myself but some people have been helping So thanks

Also
    I turn 16 on friday
    Wow.

9. WildCherry

WildCherry Staff Member ADMIN

Oooh, I know it's a few days early, but happy Birthday!!!

10. Shelbi

Shelbi Account Closed

Hehehe
    I got attacked by birthdays... it was kinda weird.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.