Sober and its even worse

Discussion in 'Suicidal Thoughts and Feelings' started by t00whomitmayconcern, Jan 7, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. t00whomitmayconcern

t00whomitmayconcern Active Member

a few weeks ago i drank to much and passed out, i woke up in the hospitol and them assholes is tellin me im bipolar and they diagnosed this when i was drunk and passed out wich pisses me off more. they was gonna throw me in a looney bin but they sent me home in steed. I have no more alchhol seen as how EMTs took my stash. And depression is 10 times worse sober Ive been sober for 2 weeks but I just cant stay. its too much and im back too thinking sucide.
  2. bleach

bleach Well-Known Member

there are many medications that might help you with bipolar disorder better than alcohol would. you should see a doctor about it and see what he suggests. it's worth a shot at least.
  3. rojomi

rojomi Banned Member

Bipolar is tough. Unfortunately, it's become a VERY fashionable diagnosis.
    There are several different classifications for true bipolar disorder, and they are often misdiagnosed, or placed in the 'mood disorder' bin. Only a really good shrink,(and they're nearly IMPOSSIBLE to find), can correctly diagnose a mood disorder. Plus, mood disorders can change, deteriorate, or go away. If you told them about behavior that was erratic, up/down, suicidal or otherwise they would label you as bipolar as it's convenient, popular,and supposedly requires a plethora of meds you can be tortured with over a long period of time. Somehow, miraculously and for CENTURIES-'bipolar' people existed without the ghastly pharmaceuticals which are now prescribed for it. They were just considered odd, interesting or talented.
    Research how you feel, and question ANY drug they prescribe. Knowledge is power. If you want to try drug therapy, do so; it has helped many. It has also greatly harmed a lot of people. Check out the lawsuits filed by patients
    prescribed various psychotropic drugs. They range from mothers who killed their children after 3 days on Prozac, to a father who ran over people in a Walmart parking lot for taking his spot; he'd been on Wellbutrin for a few days and "wasn't usually so aggressive"
    If they start with the heavy duty anti-psychotics-watch out. They can make you a zombie or destroy your liver and or kidneys.
    Good Luck.
  4. t00whomitmayconcern

Do you know any good places on the web i cant find much, sept in wiki i think it might be bipolar 2, exept i dont have hightened energy im normal for a short time and then really depressed for a long time and it seems to keep switching in between.
  5. timothy

timothy New Member

Hi. Please hang on and try not to drink. It will only make things worse. Trust me I've been there. I drank and shot heroin for 16 years to try and push back serious depression and it almost killed me several times not to mention the legal, family, and health problems it creates. I decided to try an AA meeting. I hated the thought of 12 step groups and at first I thought I was different from them and they would never understand. Gradually I realized the people there were the same as me. Many had been diagnosed with bipolar disorder or as chronically depressed and like me used alcohol or drugs to try to take those feelings away. I have not used drugs or alcohol for almost five years. It took me a few months before the dark cloud lifted from me and I was on ant-depressants for the first two years. Gradually it has gotten better and better. I personally could not have done this without the help of understanding people that I met in AA. But if you do decide to try it you must ask people for help. Tell them you are new and in pain. They will understand because they have gone through the same thing.
    Here is a link to guide you to a meeting:
    Remember like many things in life it may get a bit worse before it gets better.

Last edited by a moderator: Jan 8, 2008
  6. rojomi

rojomi Banned Member

There are a lots of links for bipolar disorder. Patty Duke has a blog on it.
    DBSA(Depression & Bipolar Support Alliance) has a website w/ links and this organization has chapters in most US towns which hold support groups for people w/ bipolar,their families & friends. Most large hospitals offer seminars hosted by their Mental Health departments which explain what bipolar is and what it is not.Also NAMI, which is govm't, but why be picky.
    Many people are diagnosed as bipolar now since it is kind of a catch-all phrase;i.e.-"Feeling depressed, often moody?"-alakazam-you're bipolar.
    Not necessarily so. In fact, you could be just depressed & moody. Or, you may have another type of mood disorder. Alcohol isn't recommended for ANY illness, physical or mental. To each their own on that one.
    Bipolar 2 is considered the milder form of the disorder, also often referred to as Bipolar NOS(non-specific) or just plain old depression. Left untreated, it may go away, or develop into Bipolar 1, or eventually schizophrenia or paranoid schizophrenia-(hallucinations, voices etc.).
    The worst part is the label. Most people still think 'bipolar' is the 'new' word for manic depression or schizophrenia. The result-stigma; which often results in lack of treatment,isolation,denial, and worst of all, failure to educate oneself on what may or may not be a problem, proper diagnosis and treatment options.
  7. pseu

pseu New Member

im familiar with all sorts of depression and its very easy to say 'dont drink'. but very often for me my depresion can be easily and quickly sorted with a couple of drinks. (yes! i know its bad!) which of course make you feel even more pissed off long term. im new to this forum so have only flicked thru a few threads, and the first thing to strike me is that it (may be) assumed that its fairly easy to just NOT drink, but its not assumed that drinking is probably a major part of the problem to begin with? /or that its easy to just stop drinking?

thats certainly my case amongst other things. sorry if im repeating posts done before :/
  8. Dave_N

Dave_N Guest

I think that my sister is bipolar but in total denial.
  9. Bob26003

Bob26003 Well-Known Member

I agree, these Doctors are insensitive and in many cases just don't care.

I was taken off xanax 3 years ago and as soon as they took me off I had to quit college and work. I have since gotten on disability as I am completely unable to function without them.

I was watching a show last night called Intervention. It was about a young Woman who was addicted to pain meds. She had rhuematoid arthritis. At the end of the show her family and a Doctor had an intervention in which they persuaded her to go to rehab.

I remember thinking. DONT GO! DONT GO!

Now she will be flagged as an addict and be unable to recieve the pain medication she needs.

She will be forced to take crappy alternatives that dont work.

But alchohol is a different story IMHO.
    Last edited by a moderator: Jan 8, 2008
  10. t00whomitmayconcern

your not, i drank before but not as much as when im depressed. but its the only thing I know is drinking and the only thing that works, and everyone acts like its so easy not to but most know how bad depression feels and if getting away even for a couple of hours, its worth it.
  11. rojomi

rojomi Banned Member

There's another thread on the forum about alcohol use & abuse. That's why I stated to each their own on that one. IMO, and for myself; I'm not going to beat myself up if I want to have a couple or more drinks. It's legal, and interestingly, many of the psychotropic Rx's are so dangerous they still put the equivalent of a skull & crossbones on them @ your friendly drug store.
    Rehab-to be avoided at all costs. I made the mistake, voluntarily and still have nightmares. Their methods are cruel and antediluvian.
  12. immure

immure Account Closed

alchohol has medicinal purposes. its just really addictive and becomes toxic to our system easily.(hang over feelings) non leathal in small doses. if your willing to self medicate with the side affects asociated with alchohol both short and long time use. why wouldn t you give a honest try to letting someone else medicate you. not as instant but i have seen medications change peoples lives in many different directions.
  13. t00whomitmayconcern

so are ya saying drown out the pain with alchol, if so i was doin it, but i need to get some, has any one tryed moonshine, itll be my first time, just want to now how fast it gets ya drunk.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.