Social anxiety- college

Discussion in 'I Have a Question...' started by katieboro, Jun 28, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. katieboro

katieboro New Member

HI, new here-

TO sum it up, im 17 now (uk) when i was in yr 10 my friends manipulated me and turned there back on me so no one would talk to me anymore, so i lost confidence and social skills and i have so many fears. I went to a sixth form and hated it, so im going to start again in september, but i dont know where, i have practice days at a college coming up tomorrow.

Basically is any one else in a similar boat, or could give me advice, so we could email each other etc, as i dont want to be unhappy forever.

thanks for reading
    katie

2. LenaLunacy

LenaLunacy Well-Known Member

I'm in a similar boat. I had a good social life up until Sixth Form. Then, when i entered sixth form people started to shun me, ignoring me and making rumours about me. I became so miserable at Sixth Form but my mother didn't want to pull me out cos she thought if i could just pass my exams everything would be alright. But i didn't get the best grades so i decided i wanted a fresh start, and i'm going to one of two colleges in September that, i hope, will give me a better experience.
    I hope that you enjoy college, and that it is a much better experience for you than the last few years have been. If you want to talk further drop me a pm and i'll send you my email address :)
    :hug:
    Lena

3. colt45

colt45 Well-Known Member

College is not the same as high school. I hated high school. In college it is all about learning.

it is fresh start.

If you do group projects do not be a door mate and try to get out. Do not make the same mistakes that I made during my college years.

I do not know if that helps you out any but it is the best advice I can come up with

4. Help me please

Help me please Well-Known Member

I know it sounds like BS, but college is a lot different from Highschool. I was picked on a lot in HS. I hated everyone, even my friends. When I hit college I fell in with the right crowd of people, (Not so much the "Right" Crowd, but one were our personality's clicked.) And for the first time ever, I was popular, I got invited to parties, asked on dates (Which I declined. . Lol. . ) and I was happy (Whenever I had distraction) That first year was the best year of my life. And I'd do it over again, if given the chance, in a heart beat.

So what I'm saying is, don't sweat it you'll find yourself.

5. The_8th_Wonder

The_8th_Wonder senior Member

Actually college in the UK I believe is similar to high school in the UK.The equivilance of college in the US would be Univesity in the UK. I have the same problem as you so I can't really offer you much advice other than keep trying to make friends.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.