Social Anxiety

Discussion in 'Mental Health Disorders' started by aoeu, Nov 18, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. aoeu

aoeu Well-Known Member

...don't worry. Ninjas have social anxiety too. And ninjas are awesome.

2. Little_me

Little_me Well-Known Member

:cool:
    I do have SA, but I've made some progress this year.

3. Tobes

Tobes Well-Known Member

I had it, and fixed it by plunging myself into the social scene and ignoring the anxiety. The more you avoid social situations, the worse it will get.

4. bluegrey

bluegrey Antiquities Friend

Batman has social anxiety too, without that mask he's a wuss. :rolleyes:

5. Petal

Petal SF dreamer Staff Alumni SF Supporter

I have it, extremely bad :(

Glad you've made some progess little me :)

6. lonercarrot

lonercarrot Well-Known Member

I guess I have it.. and pretty bad.. :sad:

7. sickjk

sickjk Member

I would say i still have it but nowhere as bad as i used to. It seems to have receded at the same time as my depression really getting bad...

8. morning rush

morning rush Well-Known Member

I have it pretty bad...

9. cult logic

cult logic Staff Alumni

People think I have SA but I'm always just too damned tired to say anything.

I'll pretty much say anything to people provided they have no authority over me if I'm somehow alert. Rather liberating.

What are they gonna do, hurt my feelings? Yeah right.

10. Remedy

Remedy Chat & Forum Buddy

Sounds a lot like me. Though I do have some degree of anxiety, not as bad as it used to be.

11. J_Oli3

J_Oli3 Well-Known Member

I suffer from SA which at times has limited me from leaving the house for weeks and months, but sometimes, like right now, I have such an urge to go out, but find it really hard to. I'm scared of looking a fool, just wandering about looking a state with no-one and no motive...

12. Avarice

Avarice Well-Known Member

I understand you here. It's embarassing walking around on your own looking like a loner, especially when you don't really know where you're headed. When I was in high school I used to daydream when walking to class, then when I realised I'd gone the wrong way, I felt too embarassed to just turn around and go back the other way because people might laugh at me or think I'm weird, so I'd pretend I was just checking the time in the nearest room I could find with a clock, and then turn back. Or I'd wait around a few minutes to pretend I was waiting for a friend then walk off as though they're late meeting me and I'd gone to find them.

The outdoors is lovely, it's just the people and the situations you can find yourself in that are the problem. Personally I'd love to go out and just sit on the grass and read in the sunlight. It sounds blissful, actually. But people will be there. Talking to me, looking at me, thinking about me, disturbing me. It would be so nice to just live in a little town on your own with just a select few people you really know and like there. No strangers. =]

Ah, we can dream.

13. cult logic

cult logic Staff Alumni

I can actually relate to that.

I hate standing around in public not doing anything or being in the wrong place and suddenly turning around to go back the way I came.

I usually fake checking a text so I don't look like an idiot that went the wrong way.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.