Social Anxiety

Discussion in 'I Have a Question...' started by Breathe, May 25, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Breathe

Breathe Well-Known Member

Dont know why but since i been seeing a physicatrist i have developed some kind of social anxiety.
    I find it hard to talk to people, go outside and i spend most of my time locked in my room. Only time i do go out is to go to my boyfriends which means getting a train and walking quite a bit, but as soon as i get there i just hold up in his room :S
    I hate this, but i feel so fearful and nervous of outside and i dont know why >.<

2. Green Snail

Green Snail Guest

Hey Breathe,

I saw a psychiatrist for a number of years and have labelled myself as all sorts of things since. I am ashamed of people seeing me now and as a result have become increasingly socially inept. Shaking uncontrollably, an inability to complete sentences, failure to engage eye contact etc.

I don't think that for me actually seeing a psychiatrist in itself was the reason for this but this was more of a confirmation of my mental decline. I didn't find that anything that this psychiatrist did helped me in any way but I know they are helpful for a lot of people.

Don't give up on it and you're not alone feeling like you do. I'd love to do all sorts of things with my life but hiding away has been the most compelling option for a long time.

Look after yourself.x

3. plates

plates Well-Known Member

I had the same thing, seeing a psychiatrist at 17 did me no no good socially, it wasn't really a one psychiatrist but the whole place and outlook. It made me feel worse. What helped me was finding someone who listened to me and made me believe in myself, and told me there was really nothing wrong with me but it had to do with what I was in- do you feel your psych listens to you? Or do you feel your psych judges you?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.