social anxiety

Discussion in 'I Have a Question...' started by cloudy, Sep 2, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. cloudy

cloudy Well-Known Member

my housemates dont really like me but they say hi to me anyway. i tried talking with one of them and i overheard the guy say" better not start nothing in the hallway and was referring to me cos i gave him a weird look. i think i am just gonna stop talking to them except for an occasional hi. what would you guys do?
  2. total eclipse

total eclipse SF Friend Staff Alumni

Just treat them as you would want to be treated hun they will come around hugs to you
  3. synchrohobbit

synchrohobbit Active Member

Did you guys not know each other when you moved in? I completely understand how difficult it is to try to connect with people you don't know; social anxiety makes it almost impossible. I would say try to figure out some mutual interest (it can be really mundane) and see if you can sometimes drop little pieces of that when you say hi.
  4. cloudy

cloudy Well-Known Member

I want to get along with people at home.
  5. justMe7

justMe7 Well-Known Member

That's always a good start :) Just don't push it too much. A friendly nature/atmosphere goes a long way as opposed to trying to directly connect with people sometimes.
  6. cloudy

cloudy Well-Known Member

yeah you're telling me lol. they tend to keep to themselves. which i am thankful for. just scared of yelling at them again over nothing.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.