Social Habits

Discussion in 'I Have a Question...' started by Fantasy Addict, Apr 2, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Fantasy Addict

Fantasy Addict Active Member

Do you have any habits that you tend to get when you're interacting with people? Post them here!

Does anyone else...

Feel too embarrassed to ask someone to repeat themselves if you don't understand what they're saying?

Stutter when someone asks you how you're feeling?

Find completely random and useless physical gestures to be extremely disturbing? (My friend found out that opening and closing his hand repeatedly makes me twitch. :dry:)

Lie out of habit as opposed to having a specific reason or benefit?

Make faces that don't match your words at all?

Apologize excessively?

Or others?

Post here. :smile:
  2. Fantasy Addict

Upon second look, I definitely posted this in the wrong area, and I'm genuinely sorry.

Oops. :sad:
  3. danz

danz Well-Known Member

I hate when people click pens arround me,
    you know the pens that click click click click
    It makes me nervouse and I get twitchy, I cant concentrate,
    I feel like grabing the pen and stabbing the person in the fucking eye.
    Click the fucker once and thats it, why do they keep clicking fucking clickers.
  4. cult logic

cult logic Staff Alumni

I don't like oeople getting within 1-2 feet of me unless I know them very well.

I also cannot stand people that make noises like clearing their throats constantly and breathing loudly. It literally makes me angry enough to kill people.
  5. forgotten1

forgotten1 Member

I lie to almost everyone I meet initially. I portray that I'm a very strong, confident, kick your ass kind of girl... but on the inside, I'm terrified that they'll see straight through me and find out that I'm a complete emotional mess. Yay social axiety!

I've also had a problem since I can remember that I have to force myself to make eye contact when I'm having a conversation with someone. Otherwise I'm looking around the room when I talk to them... yay ADHD!

I have a lot more, but no one has that much time in one day. :eek:)
  6. Fantasy Addict

Besides the ones I listed in the first post...

There are only three people in the world that I let get within a few feet of me, similar to what you were saying, bcs.

I get random urges to dig sharp objects into people. :blink:

I have two voices that I use to talk to people, and they switch at complete random without my noticing.

If something makes me uncomfortable, I twitch and shake a lot.

If I find myself laughing a lot, I bite my hand to make it stop.

The list goes on. :tongue:
  7. I'm a pen clicker :)
    sorry, i get uncomfortable around people and need to do something with my hands
    alot of the time I have a pen near so I just twirl it around my fingers and click away
  8. danz

danz Well-Known Member

lol. After I posted how much I hate pen clickers I needed a pen, took me half hour to find one, I jinxed mself, all the pens ran way.
  9. Overruled

Overruled Active Member

Hm ... I pretty much have all of the above.

When I walk, I only step on certain places to distract myself from situations around me.
    I hate asking others to repeat themselves.
    I sometimes just want to kill everyone.
    I lie all the time. That's good though ... if I said anything truthful I'd be in a home :(
    I hate noise.
    I hate groups of people.
    I hate it when people come in and lean on me ... I like my solitude.
    I hate it when people try to talk to me about things they think that make no sense.
    There are so many ... x.x
  10. anonymouse

anonymouse Active Member

I'm a pen clicker too :S

And I don't like when people make noises either. But not pen clicking noises, I can live with those. It's when people talk to themselves or make excessive cough noises that gets to me.
  11. Crue-K

Crue-K Well-Known Member

i have a really bad habit of rolling my eyes and tutting when I try and explain something and they don't get it.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.