Social needs

Discussion in 'I Have a Question...' started by How much?, May 31, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. How much?

How much? Guest

How many minutes/hours at the day you need to communicate with others at the one way or the other that you stay stabile?

Chats, e-mails, phone and face to face all counts.

I think 12 hours would be fine for me.

2. Prinnctopher's Belt

Prinnctopher's Belt Antiquities Friend SF Supporter

It depends on the type of communication. Twelve hours of talking shit is not going to make nor keep you "stable".

3. How much?

How much? Guest

What works for me, does not have to work for you ;)

4. Datura

Datura Well-Known Member

zero

5. Warm Hands

Warm Hands Well-Known Member

I don't need that much.

If you mean 'social' as in social life outside of my family, there is none. I rarely hang out with the couple of friends I have, and I don't talk to many people online or anything.

Basically 90% of my communifation with others comes from daily interaction with my family, and the rest is from interaction with coworkers and customers when I'm at work.

I guess I've nerver really been very dependant on others to keep me 'stable'. Then again, it was 5 months of isolation and not meeting anyone at university that caused me to be depressed in the first place...

6. How much?

How much? Guest

I meant all, communication with family counts also. How much you need your family?

7. 41021

41021 Banned Member

zero to stay stable(that i know of)

Once in a while when in serious crisis bordering on a major disaster, i may try my strange efforts at reaching out. It's usually like hearing an ant asking you to stop standing on their leg.

i will come out to assist ppl i care about or be there for them. To interact with people because i care about them and i know ppl need that, also because likely i need interaction and don't know it.

most interaction exhausts me. Some ppl i can be around all day, never say a word, and have the best time ever enjoying their company. Have a few ppl like that i immensely enjoy. If you hear me speak a good deal, chances are i am putting forth effort to communicate either to keep a convo going or more likely to help someone feel at ease. Also to check in and see what's going on in someone's life.

Don't get me wrong, it's ok to engage me in convo. I will let you know if i can't handle anymore (i put this here as whenever i mention this about me, ppl suddenly tend to back away). Truly i am not antisocial.

8. plates

plates Well-Known Member

I was going to say the same thing.

My interaction is mainly with my mother and my sister, outside of just being out a lot and coming into contact with people. I usually end up as my mother's listening ear/diplomat. To put it bluntly, it's very emotionally draining being around her. I recognise this so much now. It takes a lot of effort being with them, especially if there are rows, drugs/drink around etc.

9. Viro

Viro Well-Known Member

I don't have to say anything, I just need to be with people. Honestly, just being around people is enough.

It's as if I absorb conversation by osmosis, slowly taking it in.

10. Not much. I have my family, gf and friends but they might as well not be there. you could prolly go into a supermarket and call it social contact for fecksake with the things they talk about: whether, news and the godamn cost of ting.

No one talks about the true cost of living!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.