social outcast and love: is it possible?

Discussion in 'Suicidal Thoughts and Feelings' started by little ray of sunshine, Nov 4, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. I've been a social outcast all my life and since I've fallen chronically ill have been even more so. I find that, in this condition, it is even more difficult to find love and understanding. People use and abuse you in the worst possible manner. The people that are nice tend to go for stable and socially successful persons. I feel so lonely as I long for love and understanding like everyone else does yet I cannot live with people who use and abuse me or who are impossible to live with. It is a vicious circle that is driving me crazy and which I cannot seem to escape. Every day I become more and more convinced of the fact that love and happiness are just for the lucky ones in life. I try to be active in life as much as is possible but I have not come across very nice people yet.

Is there anyone who, despite the fact that they have not been very successful in terms of society's standards, has found a nice circle of friends and or a loving and accepting boyfriend/girlfriend?
  2. Blackness

Blackness Guest

what about online?
  3. wanttodie

wanttodie Well-Known Member

I don't know. I personally don't feel like having a girlfriend or any thing. I completely throw away the possibility of a
    relationship.I also think that if I do marry a girl, I will destroy her life as well.Preferably, I'd rather be alone and content than married/engaged/involved and hate every minute of it or feel guilty. I don't even know what love feels like because I can only lust when I think of girls. It is a psychological problem that I have.
    Last edited by a moderator: Nov 4, 2007
  4. gentlelady

gentlelady Staff Alumni

I cannot say much from personal experience, but I do know people that did not fit in when they were younger that moved away to other places and found love and happiness there. I do believe it is possible, yes. Sometimes we have to examine ourselves and the standards we have set as to our friendships etc. I knew someone that had such high standards about what he was looking for, that he left out a large pool of people. The ones not meeting his "qualifications" were probably the most wonderful caring people that could be found. He limited his options and suffered because of it. I am not saying this is true of true of you. it may be the opposite. Maybe those around you have set their limitations to a point where they are not letting you in, when in fact you may be the best friend they could ever ask for. Do not give up hope. Keep your ray of sunshine. :hug:
  5. Sadeyes

Sadeyes Staff Alumni

Not sure what physical condition you have, but many do have support online and forums of their own...ppl there may be more sensitive to what you are going through, and may be a place where you can find company/friends...just my thoughts, and hope you find what you are looking for, J
  6. seishou

seishou Guest

It's definantly possible, I've seen it happen more than once. Not to myself, but to people who are most certainly considered social outcasts. The most notable person of these, is still living happily with his girlfriend on this very day. I have to admit I was shocked when it happened, I thought it impossible! But I'm glad it did happen, he needed it:smile:
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.