Social stress / confusion

Discussion in 'I Have a Question...' started by neutral, Nov 27, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. neutral

neutral Well-Known Member

I'm going to a work night our on Thursday with a good group of people but it's still stressful. My heart rate increases when I think about it and for the hour before I will feel tense (Until beer comes to the rescue :tongue:)

Also shopping centres seem like a door to a different dimension. I actually had one of the staff from Next come up to me and say "I think you need help, you look completely lost". (I'm glad she did help as she made to whole experience less confusing.)

Does anyone else get either tense or confused in social situations?
    (Its like everyone else has a pre-written script to stick to.)
    Its funny :laugh: when I look back at what happens, but again the same thing happens.

Last edited by a moderator: Nov 27, 2007
  2. Acy

Acy Mama Bear - TLC, Common Sense Staff Member Safety & Support

Hi, there.

Sorry to hear that you find these things stressful. But you are not alone. I've felt really tense in certain social situations. Um, the details are boring, so let's just say that from time to time I've needed a glass of water so my tongue didn't stick permanently to the roof of my mouth.

:yikes: Yikes!

After a few decades of practice, it's gotten a bit easier. :biggrin:

Hey, if you can look back and find it kind of funny, you're doing fabulously and have a positive attitude.

Hang in there! (and I hope you have a nice time on Thursday!)

A. :hug:

3. BOLIAO

BOLIAO Guest

At the pit of my life last month, I was a nervous wreck and going out was overwhelming for me and i felt i was in a different dimension too. Shopping centers scare the hell out of me cos when i go there, i got this 'confusion' feeling. whats more scary is that I'm aware of it and this makes me panic even further as I know my mind is not right. I'm in the same boat too.

4. neutral

neutral Well-Known Member

Thanks for your comments !

Well went to the night out in Thursday. The meal tasted nice.

It seemed like everyone was speaking a different language, a lot of noise and no structure to the environment.

5. RySp123

RySp123 Guest

often feel like that too even at home with relatives..... house looses shape form dimention and all speak different language so really confusing brrrrr feels like i fell
    into a hell dimention grrrrr

6. RySp123

RySp123 Guest

I forgot to say that before going out of the door I take medication, prevention meds sorta.... before facing the outside world. It was recommended by my pdoc as I go into panic easily and all the time, without patter or else. Can happend at home or outdoor (worse though) so taking meds before going into anxiety attacks helps face the going out and if needed take more meds once outdoor (shopping mall or in offices for apointments).

Should you not have seen a doctor yet, I recommend you do so as it can be helped.... the meds do a lot both in preventing and stopping crisis yet not a cure in itself (except for few exceptions).

Personaly it is round the clock, 7days/w., 365days/y. No fun at all. It is like living in a war country waiting for bombs to fall on your heads, or fearing who approches the house (paranoia) or hearing (as language become incomprehensive) people talk different tongues so like aliens have envaded the place. Freaking freaky and chitty to live like that..... glad to have meds that help or I would have died from fears no doubt about it.

Twice in those years of hell did someone understood and offered help. Usually people that notice wonder and back talk making things worse
    and are of no help whatsoever so left to face the ordeal alone so with
    time one starts backing out from all that is 'social' and do all that is possible
    to avoid family reunions and the like..... so get helped while you are in time, befor it worsen as then you will know what hell is and wishes it to no one.

Good luck to you
    granny

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.