Socially deficient.

Discussion in 'Rants, Musings and Ideas' started by Flaxney, Nov 18, 2015.

1. Flaxney

Flaxney Well-Known Member

I can't even find friends on forums that cater for people who are as lonely as I am. Even though I'm an atheist and I don't believe in any form of afterlife, sometimes I entertain the thought that perhaps I died a long time ago and my inability to connect with anyone is due to the fact that I'm trapped in some sort of limbo. Either that or an analogue of Hell. Sadly my paltry social skills have atrophied over the years due to my ineptitude and now it's even less likely that I'll find friends and companionship. I really wanted to experience tenderness before the end of my existence. Perhaps I should accrue a large amount of cats. I think that part of the problem is that I'm dull and have very little to offer others in the way of stimulating conversation.

Not a complementary individual at all.

I'd give anything for regular social interaction. A connection. But my efforts are always for naught.

I'm still just a lonely child wandering around the playground.

I'm contemptible.
    3 people like this.
  2. total eclipse

total eclipse SF Friend Staff Alumni

You write beautifully and your conversation here is not boring at all. I hope you continue to talk to reach out here .
  3. Petal

Petal SF dreamer Staff Alumni SF Supporter

I feel you. I am socially awkward and I find it hard to make friends too. You can be my friend if you want, just send me a private message, I am on here daily! I wish you happiness, peace and friendship <3 Do you have family that you can spend time with? Or do you just feel completely disconnected?
  4. Skylar

Skylar Well-Known Member

Hello Flaxney
    Welcome to the forum. I also have a hard time making friends and recently I was left out of my friends group in university. This semester is going hard but I am trying new methods to heal myself. I can share them with you and be your friend too. Feel free to send a message :) I also come here a few times in a day so communication shouldn't be a problem :)