society of cowards

Discussion in 'Suicidal Thoughts and Feelings' started by pit, Jan 17, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. pit

pit Well-Known Member

Corporations and companies are a cowardly lot.

They like to hide behind computers and web sites. They don't like to deal with customers face to face. And they don't want to deal with potential employees face to face. And then there's the push button phone menus.

I've submitted resumes and nobody give me a call. Instead I'm referred to websites.

Tell me, whatever happened to good old workplace violence? I've had my fill of school shootings. Everything's become so computed and automated, it seems to me that the spinelessness and sneakiness of corporate America is just waiting for that bullet in its greedy little heart.

Till then, I'll leach off the fucking system as much as I can.

2. Alastair

Alastair Well-Known Member

i concur

truly these are dark days for human agression, wouldn't recommend shooting somebody though

i don't believe you should leach

but your a fool not to if you can can

3. Shogun

Shogun Well-Known Member

It certainly is a cut throat business...

4. BlackPegasus

BlackPegasus Well-Known Member

It's cowards who shoot people unless ion self defense. And it's society as a whole that uses computers so in general we are all "hiding" behind computer screens. After all you have to be sitting behind a computer screen to be posting here. The honest truth is that there are many more applicants submitting resumes. The ability to do this has been made easier due to computers and internet. So of course the competition is going to be tougher. I am in desperate need of a job and have submitted resumes in person and over the internet. I do not, however, have a desire to shoot someone. Those people behind the computer screens are just more people doing their jobs. Yes there is corruption in business as there is corruption in every area of life including those who are corrupted enough to harm others.

My honest views.

5. Reki

Reki Well-Known Member

The truth isn't always a pretty thing, some things in life simply aren't fair. I understand where you're coming from though, if it were me I would be angry too. Try not to let it get to you too much, there are only a handful of people that actually handle the employment aspect of the business, don't let anger blind or short-sight you and make you bitter towards the rest of the bunch. There are some decent people there who you could probably get along with very well if you got to know them.

6. pit

pit Well-Known Member

Just because everyone sits behind a computer does not mean they want to. The true tech heads make their living hiding behind computers. The Bill Gates and Steven Jobs of this world have truly isolated us and dumbed us down. And you say you never fantasized about killing someone? Never hated someone so much you wanted to get a gun and shoot them? What's wrong with you? The sooner you realize your "superiors" are walking pieces of shit, the better off you'll be.

7. BlackPegasus

BlackPegasus Well-Known Member

Madmen who go around shooting people out of fear an rage...I've been on the receiving end of such madness and no I have no desire to harm someone unless I have to in self defense. I admit I'd like to see justice in some situations, especially on those who think they have the right to harm others since I've nearly been killed numerous time by such a person who said the very same things.

8. pit

pit Well-Known Member

I feel bad for what you went through. I really do. But I can honestly say that nobody appreciates the hard work I do in this fucking world. And I've worked in various places and tried to keep jobs. I'm at the point now where I just want to disappear. And if somebody gives me shit, well I'm taking them with me.

9. Reki

Reki Well-Known Member

Just because someone is your superior doesn't mean they're a lousy person. I'm getting a degree to be a tech head and not because I want to hide behind my computer but because it's what I'm good at and I can make money from something I enjoy, working in the comfort of my own home. I've never fantasized about killing someone either, I've hated people, but there are other ways to settle disputes without being so childish. You really shouldn't generalize people you know nothing about, it offends people in your generalization that don't fit the stereotype.

10. blendersick

blendersick Member

im totally with you, same thing happens in schools nowadays, if you need to talk to someone important you make an appointment with a machine to make a stupid phonecall... wheres human contact?

11. pit

pit Well-Known Member

Thank you for your honesty. I'm always looking for better ways to manage my anger.

12. Reki

Reki Well-Known Member

My post came off rougher than it should have, very cool of you to have such a calm response. My apologies for any offense that might've come off because of it.

13. rojomi

rojomi Banned Member

I agree, but i don't want to shoot anyone or 'go postal' as they used to say.
    The best way i ever found to get anything i wanted was to network. They didn't used to call it that, but that's the term now. so i always insist on dealing w/ humans, and eventually get my way-why? Because i won't accept the status quo-i'm a prick and a bitch at the same time. The US economy is in deep trouble & it's going to get worse. As long as we have an asshole as a president. So what?-kvetch, that's what the jews do. Socialize & find out WHO matters. Impress them, suck 'em off-whatever. (don't swallow). Then
    follow up is very important-never out rule blackmail, it's illegal but they are too, usually. The whole fuckin world stinks, but here we are. So be a bitch or bastard-that's what they want. :laugh:

14. ProperlyLast

ProperlyLast Active Member

Employers want real people, they just suck at getting them. The whole system is changing, we are in a revolution of sorts. It might be hard now, but I believe we will be better off soon. Certainly when I was younger I had a primal desire to just kill my problems away, but I also understood that we are all individuals with intrinsic value. You must never initiate the use of force, for everything that you feel is wrong upon you, is wrong upon others.

15. SweetVitriol

SweetVitriol Antiquitie's Friend

Pit..I agree that the human touch is being taken out of life by corporations and government..But the one you forgot to mention is their attempt to isolate us (Think about how dehumanising it is to send someone off to take to tape mechine??)

In years of protesting for various causes, it is now now clear that either intelligent non-violence or violence are the only methods left in the face of police brutality, corporate greed and draconian legislation aimed at depriving us of our rights...

16. pit

pit Well-Known Member

You got that right. And I'm too withdrawn to network.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.