Sociopath = Borderline?

Discussion in 'Soap Box' started by lifeisashedog, Nov 17, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. lifeisashedog

lifeisashedog Well-Known Member

A friend, therapist, once said I am a sociopath and I attract women with borderline syndrom.

When I asked her what those terms mean, she said it is basically the same. Word sociopath is used for men and word borderline is used for women.

So, to sum it up, I am a crazy psycho bastard and I attract crazy psycho bitches? :sad:
  2. GabrielConroy

GabrielConroy Well-Known Member

I imagine sociopaths do attract an interesting selection of women

Do you have any empathy for others that should answer the sociopath bit pretty easily
  3. Ignored

Ignored Staff Alumni

I have heard that males with symptoms that in women would be attributed to borderline are diagnosed as anti-social personality disorder in men... probably due to the anger issue. However, anti-social personality disorder is not the same as being a sociopath, as they have no feelings for others etc and that is not true of people with anti-social personality disorder. And to be either borderline or anti-social pd doesn't make you psychopathic (ie psycho).
  4. bubblin girl

bubblin girl Well-Known Member

I read your post...its so sad story...its so painful & i want to cry cos of it...some people fall in love or attract the same to not feel lonely...but thats not mean is true...& u dont have to fall in love or attract the same. if u dont like it...just step out in everything & get out...take some times away...this is not always true...
  5. lifeisashedog

Sure, I have empathy for kittens. It is only humans that go on my nerves :biggrin:
  6. lifeisashedog

Thank you :hug:

But nevertheless, even borderline girlies are not all that bad...

Me wanna marry her :cool:
  7. bubblin girl

bubblin girl Well-Known Member

8. DrivEthermissIon

DrivEthermissIon Banned Member

I seriously doubt you are a sociopath if you are saying things like that with empathy and a sense of light-hearted humor. As well as self-doubt and the obvious need for love and acceptance.

Check it out:
  9. lifeisashedog

* Glibness/Superficial Charm CHARM - YES,SUPERFICIAL AND UNDERFICIAL
    * Manipulative and Conning IF NECESSARY
    * Grandiose Sense of Self :1st:
    * Lack of Remorse, Shame or Guilt YES, UNLESS I GOT CAUGHT
    * Incapacity for Love CHECK
    * Need for Stimulation CHECK
    * Callousness/Lack of Empathy HUMANS? KILL'EM ALL AND FINISH THE FARCE
    * Poor Behavioral Controls/Impulsive Nature I'D LOVE TO, BUT POLICE DOESN'T LET ME
    * Early Behavior Problems/Juvenile Delinquency YES, ACCORDING TO MY MOTHER, BUT SHE TENDS TO EXAGGERATE THINGS
    * Irresponsibility/Unreliability CHECK
    * Promiscuous Sexual Behavior/Infidelity YES, BACK IN THE OLD DAYS WHEN I WAS YOUNG AND HANDSOME
    * Lack of Realistic Life Plan/Parasitic Lifestyle SURE, MY LIFE PLAN IS NEVER TO GIVE THE STATE MORE THAN I GET FROM IT
    * Criminal or Entrepreneurial Versatility CRIMINAL YES, ENTERPRENEURIAL NO
    * Contemptuous of those who seek to understand them ONLY IF I DON'T UNDERSTAND THEM
    * Does not perceive that anything is wrong with them THE PROBLEM YOU HAVE WITH ME IS YOU :smile:
    * Authoritarian YES, BUT NOONE WANTS TO OBEY ME
    * Secretive BOND, JAMES BOND
    * Only rarely in difficulty with the law, but seeks out situations where their tyrannical behavior will be tolerated, condoned, or admired THANK YOU, VIRGIN, FOR INTERNET FORUMS :worthy:
    * Conventional appearance VENUS DE MILO IN HER SISTER'S JEANS
    * Goal of enslavement of their victim(s) WHAT VICTIMS?
    * Exercises despotic control over every aspect of the victim's life WHAT VICTIM?
    * Has an emotional need to justify their crimes and therefore needs their victim's affirmation (respect, gratitude and love) ATTENTION WHORING NATIONAL CHAMPION 2009
    * Ultimate goal is the creation of a willing victim NO, ULTIMATE GOAL FOR NOW IS RAISING FUNDS FOR NEW LAPTOP
    * Incapable of real human attachment to another CHECK
    * Unable to feel remorse or guilt DEVIL MADE ME DO IT! :evil:
    * Narcissism, grandiosity (self-importance not based on achievments) MULTIPLE "LAST POST IS THE WINNER" THREAD WINNER
    * May state readily that their goal is to rule the world NAH, TOO MUCH STRESS AND RESPONSIBILITY WITH THAT. I'D SETTLE WITH RULING THE STATE OF HAWAI
    Last edited by a moderator: Nov 20, 2009
  10. lifeisashedog

Am I enough of a sociopath for Angelina Jolie to adopt me? :biggrin:
  11. DrivEthermissIon

DrivEthermissIon Banned Member

12. Silvio

Silvio Well-Known Member

Nope, don't think you are one.... not referring to you, but there are some people who pretend they're sociopaths, because they admire the traits. Personally, I think wanting ASPD (Anti-social personality disorder) is the same as asking for depression, there same to a degree, with congruent results transpired:confusion, loss, loneliness...... just with different symptoms.

I don't think you are a sociopath, because they never need any confirmation.... they may admit it, but they accept it, immediately. Just because you attract borderline personalities (which is actually different from ASPD), doesn't mean you're a sociopath, it's true that people with mental illnesses tend to attract other unstable personality types, but ASPD isn't the only mental illness known.
    As for your therapist friend, there is a possibility she could be wrong, because not all diagnoses are correct, if you need confirmation go to another/other therapists to get assessed, but then again, if you go that, you are seeking confirmation and sociopaths, never need that.
    Also, ASPD encompasses sociopaths, psychopaths etc. the modern term is ASPD.
    As for Angelina Jolie, I wouldn't say it's worth all the trouble, even if you were diagnosed with ASPD, you would have to bypass the paparazzi....the other fans etc. to commit. :p
  13. lifeisashedog

She is not MY therapist, actually, just old friend from campus that is now a therapist. And it was not an official diagnosis, just a coffee chitchat. Probably i got it because i kept greeting her on facebook with line "Hello Clarice, Hannibal here". :cool:

But today she explained me some of her old romantic failures with men and I promptly diagnosed her with MSOS (Mexican Soap Opera Syndrome) so we're even.
  14. Tobes

Tobes Well-Known Member

It sounds like she made a one-off comment and you stuck to it, because she is a therapist. Personally, I didn't know therapists could make diagnoses, I thought that was a doctor's/psychiatrist's/psychologist's job. You aren't a sociopath, like Silvio said if you were you would know it.
  15. atfirstsight

atfirstsight New Member

I think it maybe a lit bit off topic, however, i think it is valuable to take a look at. It is about the way to attract the opposite sex. Please join here: how to attract
    :rolleyes:Hope you find it good!
  16. Brighid Moon

Brighid Moon Member & Antiquities Friend

No. And hell no.

You can be narcissistic and not be sociopathic (though many narcissists are sociopathic). If you're sociopathic and/or narcissistic you tend to collect people who are co-dependant, not borderline. And borderline is a trashcan diagnosis, which is even now being argued as symptoms of complex post traumatic stress disorder (which makes much more sense).

Get a new therapist.

17. cult logic

cult logic Staff Alumni

My father is a sociopath.

You are not.

He emotionally abused and manipulated my mother for 15 years, leeching off her willingness to put him through school.

He played varsity football because he liked hurting people.

Got fired from his job in HS, so he robbed the place.

Found running over a cat's head with a lawnmower to be "funny".

18. Brighid Moon

Brighid Moon Member & Antiquities Friend

And my dad is a narcissist, but not sociopathic. Thank God.
  19. plates

plates Well-Known Member

I think the point of this thread was for the OP to call women with so called BPD 'crazy psycho bitches,' and similar to the sociopaths who might have abused them.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.