sod it

Status
Not open for further replies.

Zueri

Alright...I'm aware this is a pointless rant. I know all I'm doing is bashing my head against a brickwall and inflaming people, but I have to say what I have to say...So, I apologize ahead of time.

In my eyes, SF has gone downhill in the past month. I have seen people be kicked and banned from chat for trivialities, and threads get locked and deleted for no apparent reason. Why?
It seems to me that whenever moderators are confronted with an controversy regarding a decision, they defend themselves with a simple "PM me." To what purpose? To be ignored again?
The censorship here is getting to be unbearable. It's ridiculous to delete anything that is in the least bit controversial, or simply another view on an event that has taken place here. It prevents conflicts from being solved and simply causes more angry feelings.

Furthermore, I realize the moderators are only human, and therefore they have emotions that get in the way of rational decisions. But some don't seem to realize is the members here are also only human.
The moderators exist to solve and prevent conflicts, not cause them. Yet, a lot of them simply fuel it. Most of what I see is excessive guilt tripping and extreme loss of impartiality. Anything that can be construed as a challenge to power is immediately silenced. If a moderator lets SF so profoundly affect them...should they still be a "modded"?

Again, I realize that *I* am nought but fueling the fire with the post. Yes, I would have taken this to PMs if it was not for the fact that when I attempted to do so I was brutally ignored. Anyways, this does concern the whole SF community...

N

Nakur

Eva, I completely agree with you and could not have said it better myself. Infact you said it alot better then I could have =)

on my own

eva actually made a few points that I missed in my own post... about being human, I know it sounds lame but when you're a mod or an admin you should be putting personal issues aside. at that point, you CANT be human, you are a mod, does that mean you have to be a mod all the time? nope, you dont have to be, but when you're judging behaviour, you cant favor one member over the other, you can't get your personal life get in the way.

btw; did it occur to you guys that the ones being yelled at here at the boards, which tonight, happens to be me, are human as well?

N

Nakur

I would like to hear more people's opinions about this.. especially a mod one if possible ^^

Status
Not open for further replies.

Please Donate to Help Keep SF Running

Total amount
$50.00
Goal
$255.00