Solve All Your Problems!

Discussion in 'The Coffee House' started by Silvio, Nov 1, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Silvio

Silvio Well-Known Member

I had this idea which may be extremely beneficial and helpful for everybody.
    I'm sure you could label this a game, only it's very productive.

To Play:
    1) You read a problem someone has in the very last post of the thread and then you help them by offering solution/solutions or/and feedback.
    2) You can then put your own problem you're currently facing, you can be as descriptive or as vague as you want.A big or small problem, doesn't matter.
    3) A person will then give you advice or feedback of your problem, which allows you to be more proactive in the matter or at least gives you an informed decision.

- You cannot state your problem, without first helping the previous poster with theirs, it is to make it fair, you help the person, another person helps you.
    - Try to list only one problem, when asking for help, but if there is a main problem that relates to others, then that should be fine.
    - Stick to the SF rules, no harassing others etc.
    -Please try to limit it to only one problem per day, so others can post their problems.
    -Have fun and enjoy!

My only hope, is that perhaps this game might help some people, such as people whose problem has not been solved from threads or people with small problems that aren't worth making a thread. It's a fact that some people can deal with some problems better than others, hopefully this game will make good use of this. Not only would this increase your skills of dealing with problems and able to work out solutions, but you help other people too and kindness is a rare virtue.

I'll start with my problem:
    I tend to get into arguments with my friends a lot due to the difference of opinions and I do tend to get emotional and stubborn, what are good ways to prevent arguments or if they start, to stop them from progressing? Don't want this issue to ruin a good friendship.
  2. sammakko

sammakko Banned Member

Say your opinion is yours and mine is mine, we can both keep our own. Then change subject. People want always know more than others, be right and feel they are smarter than anothers. Subject itself is stopping be important long time ago.
  3. Silvio

Silvio Well-Known Member

Thanks for that, I will take that into account.
    You forgot to list a problem yourself, though, if you have any.
  4. sammakko

sammakko Banned Member

What to say men teachers who say "you can screw with anyone on this class", or teacher who talk bra's or condoms or smooth his d**k?

I keep it very offensive. What I can say teachers like that? I should pass my courses but I can not go to school, I do not want to hear things like that. How to shut their mouths on the polite way?
  5. Silvio

Silvio Well-Known Member

I'm guessing you've obviously tried to ask nicely before. I used to have this teacher who would joke about me in front of the whole class, thought he would do it only once, but he did it every day, I asked him nicely, he didn't listen.

It was until one day he made another joke I replied in a calm, indifferent manner, while making eye contact with him the whole time " You know(Pause) I would appreciate it if you had my permission before you made a joke about me" He said "Why?" " Because(Pause) I can't concentrate or work as well" He made a nervous cough and broke eye contact, continuing to teach his class. This technique is of a subtle intimidation........
    You must feel you are in control of the situation and your emotions,if you've seen someone lose it before and know they wouldn't do anything violent, people wouldn't be scared.....but if someone is indifferent, calm but showing anger through their eyes, this is a deadly combination.

Your situation: Next time one of them makes a smart ass remark say in a calm voice, as if you're in complete control and imagine you can do anything to the person, any time you want, look them in the eyes the whole time, your eyes should be piercing with rage......
    Teacher: "(Some perverted comment)" You: " You mind?(Pause) I can't concentrate and don't wanna hear that." Teacher: (Laughs, possibly turning away a little bit) "Why?" You(Staring at him the whole time, as if it doesn't affect you): "You joke, I can't concentrate, that's all there is to it"
    Also if it seems natural, use hand gestures to emphasise your point. It's a very powerful technique, some of the most influential and feared people have used this, if violence wasn't necessary, I'm guessing because it denotes a lot of power, control and cuts straight to the point. The downfall to this is if you use it on people you know well, it probably won't work.
    Firstly, you might want to try to speak to somebody with authority first, like a principal.
    Hope that helps.

My current problem: I have to finish my work that's due in a few days, but can't concentrate, any help?
  6. sammakko

sammakko Banned Member

Thanks for taken my problem seriously.

Have you tried essential oils (rosemary) or zinc tablettes? My sis keep them good. Also soy tablettes give some people help for concentrate. I can not to do my homeworks so I really do not know what helps.
  7. sammakko

sammakko Banned Member

How to insolve and clear things and fresh air with people who do not want to do that. I know I thinking of it rest of my life. It really bothered me. But if they does not care I do not have any chance.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.