Discussion in 'Self Harm & Substance Abuse' started by eagle, May 13, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. eagle

eagle Well-Known Member

i guess i'm looking for reasons to quit... but anyone got any bad experiences?
  2. may71

may71 Well-Known Member

I've heard that solvents are really bad for your brain. I hope that you can quit!

I don't know if there is anything that a doctor could do to help you quit. maybe?
  3. Sadeyes

Sadeyes Staff Alumni

Dementia, hard of hearing or deafness, cardiac conditions, hypertension, leading to a possible stroke...and this is the good news, because, yes, sometimes the onset can take time...the most present reason...why leave that much time wasted? And btw...been there, done them...and I still have the ringing in my ears that started when I was 17...not fun!
  4. Kaos General

Kaos General Well-Known Member

My best friend killed himself on solvents, theirs reason enough right their
  5. peacelovingguy

peacelovingguy Well-Known Member

Yes, I know lots of reasons not to use solvents - they are the worse drug you could use as they cause damage, fast. I've heard of a few killing themselves after some 'bad trip' monsters chasing you - but maybe you live on the 5th floor of an apartment.

Knew someone who lost a lung also - sniffing shoe polish which had some carcinogenic ingredient in there.

Also, you have accidents, terrible burns, easy to happen when people sniff solvents and then settle back, literally stoned out their mind, easily hallucinating or close to it. Light up a smoke - kaboom! Drive a car- crash, its easy to fall from a height and many do.

This makes heroin seem logical. Nobody treats solvents as a 'real' drug - its more like a poison, and anyone using is poisoning themselves, which has side effects causing hallucinations. Nobody feels good on this - you slur like you have had a stroke - you can barely stand up let alone walk. It has no social benefit - like coke perhaps, or booze - nor does it help you 'relax' or chill out.

I mean IF you are going to try drugs - there are a myriad of legal ones, and illegal, which are safe as houses compared to solvents.

Real nasty sh** - almost died myself when young fooling around with a couple of solvents. So glad I saw the light early on.

Stay Away.

Hope you have no issues leading you to this destructive pastime.

I mean, its easy for young people to get depressed and maybe like the feeling of being out of themselves, for a brief period. I know - I did have a period of this kind of abuse in my early teens.

Seemed to be promoted a lot by the media in the 70s, got linked to 'punk rock' which was puzzling as few punks sniffed it. Sounded good for the media and the habit did spread perhaps by publicising it.

In the UK we have recorded a 2,198 deaths since 1971.

You can actually die VERY QUICKLY - and many poor families have had the horrific task of knocking on a bedroom door never to have it answered again.

Makes pot seem like lettuce.
  6. eagle

eagle Well-Known Member

well i have stopped for now! i think i will get some more and try again but i'm not too sure at the moment. i like the risk but with good things happening i'm not sure if i want to die or not right now
  7. paranoidxe

paranoidxe Well-Known Member

The "high" you are achieving through solvents is your brain cells dying, please for god sakes at least find something else to get high off of that doesn't instantly kill brain cells.
  8. VALIS

VALIS Well-Known Member

Seriously, if you're trying to get high, find something that's not going to kill you. I am not going to go through the list here but there are so many things kids use that won't destroy your brain. A hobby would be even better. Even if you don't want to use it now, you'll need your brain later.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.