Some advice please?

Discussion in 'Self Harm & Substance Abuse' started by Melancholy, Dec 2, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Melancholy

Melancholy Well-Known Member

Hey,

I cut earlier today, and although it didn't bleed more than usual it doesn't seem to want to stop. It's ok for a bit and then it will start again, it's bled through several bandages and onto my clothes. I'm running out of bandages. It's not bleeding heavily, it's not an emergency, it's not even that deep. However anyone know how to make it stop, and not start again at random intervals, lol?

Lauren

2. smackh2o

smackh2o SF Supporter

It could be a few things but unlikely. The most liklely thing it will be is that it could be infected but usually it will take more than a few hours to get that way. Is the blood seeping out? Does it feel silky or look shiny at all? Have you cleaned the wound yet?
    The best defense would be to consult a doctor but I imagine you don't want to do that. I say give it a bit of time in the air to dry any blood coming out of it, or loosen the bandage. It might be a jagged cut so the fibrins are not attaching properly and with movement it will keep reopening. If it hasn't stopped by tommorrow or it starts to smell or goes worse then I strongly recommend you consult a doctor anyway.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.