Some common things I have noticed in these forums

Discussion in 'Suicidal Thoughts and Feelings' started by randomguy9, Jul 7, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. randomguy9

randomguy9 Put's the "Pro" in Profanity Chat Pro

Hello one and all.

I have been on this forum for a few months... joined when it seemed nothing in my life would ever go right. In a lot of ways things have not improved... I have found some hope in my life though, and am learning how to enjoy being alive. I do not know who you are person reading this, nor do I know what you are going through. I have seen a few common things with the threads here... and wanted to share my thoughts.

Lack of love/friends: This is one thing I see often in the forum and the chat room. Humans are not designed to deal with stuff on our own. Unfortunately, to many of us get to that point. Maybe our parents are not treating us right, maybe we do not have friends, maybe it is a breakup. I know it seems like that, but it is not true. I did lose a friend to suicide... I am sure she did not think of me when she made that decision, and I wish I had said something to her the last time I had seen her. We were not the closest in the world... to this day I and many others regret not reaching out when we knew something was wrong. There are people who care... and would be there in a heartbeat if they knew you were in trouble... and knew what to do. It is hard to relate to those of us who feel this way unless we have been there our self.

I will add more later... I felt like I should post this today for some reason... I hope it helps at least one person. Hang in there please... I hope things in your life improve.

Feeling of uselessness: This is one I struggle with... being an adult with no career path. I have found I need to keep reminding myself what I have accomplished... I have gone so far as to keep a list putting even the most remotely. When we are in the dirt, what we see of ourselves is blurred horrendously... that is not a good thing.

2. ready

ready Member

good post

ahhhh yes, the uselessness... got that too...

5 years of university for thousands of debt and no niche. geez if i could go back ten years and slap myself around a bit! lol

i've alienated myself from a lot of people. i was kinda cleaning house. many of my friends are detrimental to my well-being. i only call them friends because i've known them for so long or because i looked up to them at one point for the wrong reasons.

i'm getting down to a choice few. but i haven't been exactly good to them either. baby steps ready, baby steps.

but yeah i'm one of those types who does things on his own. but i've started to realize how weak i am and how much help i need. as for suicide, no one knows. i reached out here and i've found acceptance so far (it's only been a few days). but i've realized that i can't live through it alone. i needed somewhere safe to vent. i've bottled up so much crap and i'm ready to filter it and discover what my true purpose is and why i should combo the liks with pillz 'for a good night's rest.' lol

peaces in dreams, ready

3. Dave_N

Dave_N Banned Member

Hi randomguy. I have also noticed many recurring themes here on Suicide Forum, which I would like to add to. I've been around SF off and on for the past couple of years, mostly to help out, but also to have people to talk to.

The feelings of uselessness, lack of purpose and general negative thought patterns about oneself are commonly found in suicidal people. People are just too hard on themselves and this causes depression, which leads to suicidal thoughts. It's a vicious cycle of negative thought processes. The difficult part is trying to break the cycle of depression and not falling back into it. To break the cycle of depression, one's personal outlook on life needs to shift to a positive outlook, which can be understandably difficult.

4. supermodel

supermodel Well-Known Member

Feeling of uselessness is a big one for me. I was going to say like feeling like I don't fit in with anyone or anywhere.

5. Daphna

Daphna Well-Known Member

Thanks for sharing and I am glad you are doing better! Hallelujah! Blessings..

6. Marty482

Marty482 Well-Known Member

Beautiful post randomguy. You are great!!!!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.