Some days are good, others . . .

Discussion in 'Help Me! I Need to Talk to Someone.' started by burnt, Feb 3, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. burnt

burnt New Member

Well, my wf has her mood swings and today was a BAD day. I'm confused, drained, and don't know what to think of it. Background is that she is quitting pot on her own. She's doing great (over a week), but it's days like these that are hard. It's like she gets mad at me cause I'm there. I don't know, I guess I'm just hoping for some words of encouragement, and maybe someone has gone through this before.

2. Sadeyes

Sadeyes Staff Alumni

Hi and welcome...quitting any drug is difficult and many emotions come to the surface when we do...sorry she is taking it out on you, but know it will get better...it took me a while to feel more like a person again...J

3. hollowvoice

hollowvoice Senior Member & Antiquities Friend

hi burnt and welcome to sf,quitting anything is hard for the quitter,your wf probabley doesnt even know shes taking it out on you,because shes finding too much tiome on her hands,i think in time she will find something else to occupy herself and youll be happy to have the real person you married back,youll find people trying top quit on here hopefully they have some good advice for you so stick around and tell us how its going

4. burnt

burnt New Member

Today was a better day. We started talking again. Glad she wrote me a letter that explained a lot. I've had similar letters before, but I guess when the going gets good, I think everything is all right and the reset button pressed. With the self-medicating, it would be good for a long time, which relaxed me into thinking everything was okay. I know it's going to be a roller coaster and quicker mood swings, but as long as she's willing to get through it, so am I. I'm so proud of her that she's quit for so long, can't wait for her to say, "Sober for 1, 2, 3 . . years"!

5. hollowvoice

hollowvoice Senior Member & Antiquities Friend

hi again burnt glad your wf wrote you a letter it certainly helps to see things in writing,take the good times and hold onto them,as i guess you know its a tough quit,sounds like your wf is trying hard to quit this drug,and you should be proud of her ,anytime off the pot is a leap forward

6. Cute_Angel_Xx

Cute_Angel_Xx Account Closed

I don't have anything to say, I just wanted to give you a hug :hug: x

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.