Some Favourite Quotes

Status
Not open for further replies.
To paraphrase Mahatma Gandhi: ‘I believe that the evolutionary level of any person and nation, as well as of our whole world, reveals itself in the way we treat our animals, not merely those we keep as beloved pets, like cats, dogs and horses, but all of them.’

‘Too often we underestimate the power of a touch, a smile, a kind word, a listening ear, an honest compliment or the smallest act of caring, all of which potentially have the power of turning someone's life round and making our world a better place for them.’ Leo Buscaglia

‘Looking at our mistakes provides us with the gift of hindsight. Learning from them helps us to develop the gift of foresight for future events and that’s the only way it can be gained.’ Aquarius

‘I count those braver who overcome their lower desire nature than those who conquer their enemies, for the hardest victory is the one gained over the drives and urges of the earthly part of our own being.’ Aristotle edited by Aquarius

‘The truth is not determined by what makes you feel warm and safe, gets you most friends, makes people be nice to each other, a cost-benefit analysis of holding a certain belief. It is determined by reality and those who willingly compromise their understanding of reality have to live in it. They just might find themselves without a decent map.’ Zinnia Jones

‘Live the life you want to live, be the person you really are, make decisions and mistakes. If you fall, at least you tried and there’ll be plenty more opportunities for succeeding in your next lifetime.’ Anon.

‘In truth there is nothing to fear, only fear itself. That’s what kills human minds and brings the small death of total obliteration. That’s why I face my fear. I permit it to pass over me and through me. And when it has gone, my inner eyes open and I can see the predestined pathway of my life. Where the fear once was there will be nothing. Only true self remains.’ Frank Herbert, Dune – edited by Aquarius

Status
Not open for further replies.

Please Donate to Help Keep SF Running

Total amount
$70.00
Goal
$255.00