Some help please?

Discussion in 'Suicidal Thoughts and Feelings' started by NotReal, May 8, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. NotReal

NotReal New Member

I'm not really doing too good right now, for the past five years I've been really depressed but everyone I know just passes it off as me going through an 'emo phase' or something and I never really get any help.

It's been getting much worse lately as I haven't gotten much sleep in the past few months and my only friend stopped talking to me a year ago. So now because it's one of the only options I have left I want to try some medicine, or at least a natural remedy that might help me feel a little better cause I'm seriously ready to try anything if it means I can get some form of happiness. I tried adding a lot of sugar to my drinks or drinking energy drinks for happiness but I just ended up getting even less sleep than I normally do. I really don't want to end up in a position where I'm contemplating suicide again because it's really scary and my first two attempts were a failure.
  2. lonercarrot

lonercarrot Well-Known Member

What's getting you down? And if you don't mind, how old are you?
  3. NotReal

NotReal New Member

I'm not entirely sure what's getting me down exactly. It's a mixture of things but I'm pretty sure that one of the problems is lonlieness.

And I am 15 btw.
  4. carekitty

carekitty Guest

I'd stop the sugar and energy drinks to start. I know they mean a burst of energy, but the crash after can make you feel worse than ever. Complex carbos and some protein are going to make you feel better in the long run, not that I don't resort to the occasional candy bar..

Are there any clubs in school that you have an interest in? Do you have an interest in drama, photography, et? If not in school, maybe after?

Have you told your parents you are suffering from depression? If not, I would. Or if you have told them, and they haven't been able to help, maybe talk to a school counselor. They should be able to direct you to someone who you can talk to about any meds. There are some natural remedies that may help, but you should ask your doctor, as some people may have a medical problem which country indicates them.

Good luck, and please let me know if I can help.
  5. I know exactly how you feel, I've been going through the same thing. If it helps, you should try just for one day to not let anything get to you and see if thats the problem. Sometimes you're probably just so used to having a crappy day you don't even look at the positive. If you ever need someone to talk to, I'm here for you. :biggrin:
  6. lonercarrot

lonercarrot Well-Known Member

There's a quote that goes "Smile while you're making it, laugh while you're taking it, even though you're faking it, nobody’s gonna know."

In brief, if you fake being happy the attitude of those around you will change and they will treat you differently (better). And even though at first you're only faking being happy, the way people treat you will start to make you happy for real. I never tried this so I don't know how well it works.
  7. Forgotten_Man

Forgotten_Man Well-Known Member

I recommend exercise. That will get the endorphines going those will make you fee better. Plus you can be in shape which is always a good thing.
  8. I-Died-In-My-Dream

I-Died-In-My-Dream Well-Known Member

It's a very good idea that you talk to your doctor about how you feel so you both can discuss which type of help is best for you.

Medication works for some people but it takes a while to notice the effects. Combined with some form of therapy you can achieve a lot.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.