Some Insight regarding REJECTION

Discussion in 'I Have a Question...' started by youRprecious!, Nov 7, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. youRprecious!

youRprecious! Antiquities Friend

There's an excitement beginning to grow within me which is starting to bring hope to something inside me that had been (sort of, to varying degrees) hopeless for so long.

Because of my journey, it's not like I didn't know it in my head - but I could not make contact with it deep down because I realised that, in that particular part of me, there was still resistance.

Irrational - because I didn't want it. But it was there, I had to face it.

Then, a couple of days ago, when this lovely lady prayed for me, I was able to describe it a little bit - and I said "I know it is irrational, and that's why I hate it and want to be rid of it" - and she said words that have really, really, no - REALLY, helped me!

She said - No, it isn't irrational, it is because it is easier to push away/(or walk away) rather than risk the hurt and pain of any more rejection -

And I know she had hit the nail on the head.

Sometimes it takes that - wisdom from another caring person who you know is not "out to get you".

I just wanted to share that with all you lovely people this morning :) Can 'flesh this out' a bit further, maybe, later........ Am wondering, can anyone relate to it, does it make sense to others? This resistance that I didn't want, towards/against the Power that is for me, to help me heal, because it had originated pre-birth in the feelings department - has sort of had a life of its own, trying to bluff me that it was my real identity.

However, like getting rid of a tree stump - first of all, digging around it to loosen it does help........get it in the right place for it to come out and the whole to be filled with better things :) Edit: just seen this 'Freudian slip' - I meant 'hole' of course!
    Last edited by a moderator: Nov 7, 2012
  2. total eclipse

total eclipse SF Friend Staff Alumni

Re: vision's from depression?

I don't know if it is easier to walk away or push away but iknow sometimes it is necessary to keep one safe from pain of rejection
    i don't know if i push people away but i don't trust anyone now not after being hurt by so many I find a peace almost in being alone as i know that now only i can hurt me and no one else. does that make sense
  3. Oceans

Oceans Well-Known Member

Without knowing the details and the context this is in, it really depends on the situation if we walk away or face it on head on to prevent rejection and hurt.
  4. youRprecious!

Only just found this reply TE - I thought the thread had been pulled.... Yes, it makes perfect sense. Abuse of trust is the world's #1 enemy I think, especially when it happens to us as children and the only answer we get that we can make some attempt at understanding, is to stuff the pain
  5. youRprecious!

That's really true Oceans - the context. And the situation. Yes. We have choices as to what to do. Sometimes though, it's hard - as much as we'd like to - to face it head on - because in the trauma of the moment we're often left speechless as to what we could say - no time to formulate a reply as we could have, if we'd been given time - and then it can be too late to go back - although we should I think - work at finding the courage enough to ask for some clarification in those instances.
    Also, perhaps Walking away doesn't automatically equate to "stuffing it down"........ just an acknowledgement that we can, in fact, choose our battles.

I suppose whatever we do in our particular situation, it's a healing thought to bear this in mind, and the truth is that when rejection does happen, currently or historically, it can be turned around and viewed as an opportunity to gain strength by gaining insight :)
  6. Sheaboogie

Sheaboogie New Member

only time can change your perception on things everything takes time
  7. VikKalmbach

VikKalmbach Active Member

Every problem should be faced shoulder to shoulder with it, offensively in my opinion. Your post sent shivers down my spine, I can feel how much weight this person took from you and how beautiful that must feel.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.