Some of my causes...

Discussion in 'Mental Health Disorders' started by Layla, Jul 29, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Layla

Layla Account Closed

Life just hasn't been the same since all this started. And I can't even remember when all this started. I had heard about this site from a friend of my mine. So I decided to give it a try. I have been here for almost a month now, and I really don't think that this site has helped me. I feel more as if I am being judged by everything that I have said. There are a few maybe one or two that have tried actually talking to me and I appreciate that, but unfortunately I don't think I'm actually welcomed here as I have seen other people become welcomed. I might try and stay a little longer but I don't know. I'm not getting the help here I was hoping to find. In fact it's actually caused me to become worse off. Things with my fiancee hasn't been supportive either. I thought that maybe leaving him for a week would be helpful. So far it hasn't been. I've gotten to the point where I just don't know what to do any longer. Maybe I should try and get some help from the state and then go see a doctor about everything..

2. ~Claire

~Claire Well-Known Member

Hi Layla,

I'm sorry you've not found us to be supportive.

Can you explain what kind of support you are looking for & how we can help you? I had a look through your post history to see if there was anything I could do or say that may be of benefit, I'm not doing so good myself though so I may have missed something. Perhaps you could say a little about what's led you to here?

It would be a shame if you decided to leave but ultimately the decision is yours. People here do care, sometimes it's not always apparent though.

Have you discussed with your doctor, fiance or Mum about how you're feeling?

Best of luck in whatever you choose.

:hug:

3. Layla

Layla Account Closed

Thanks Claire. I wasn't really expecting too much. I was expecting some support, maybe to make a few friends I could talk to not just about my problems but other things as well, not just a reaction from people about my problems. My first day here I felt welcomed, but right after that I've kinda felt...well actually I'm not sure how to describe it besides unwelcomed here. I utimately have an issue with trusting people completely and that includes talking completely about my problems, which is normally why I don't say much. I haven't a doctor to talk to anymore since I was younger, and my fiancee and mother just don't seem to care. My mom thinks that all I want is attention, which is not true.

I know people here have problems and I don't want it to seem selfish or the fact that I'm looking for attention like my mom seems to think. It's just, I don't know. Reading other peoples posts, and how quickly other people react to them and their problems, I dunno I was kind of expecting the same thing. :shrugs: Maybe I'm not giving this place a chance or maybe I'm just an idiot. I don't know..

Thank you Claire :hugs:

4. ashes_away

ashes_away Well-Known Member

layla
    I don't know you but I assure you that you are far from unwelcome here.I find I have a hard time responding to others when I am going through darker times myself but I try to get back on the ball..we all have had times here when we did not feel this forum was going to be helpful..but I have noticed that when someone reaches out..someone always responds...there will always be a hand out for you..or any of us..maybe not everyone's at once..but someone..
    I hope you stay here...we can't change your life ..but we can be there for you..
    don't give up on yourself..or us
    ((hugs))

5. Acy

Acy Mama Bear - TLC, Common Sense Staff Member Safety & Support

Hiya, Layla,

I'm sorry to hear you haven't been feeling as much support as you would like. I'm sure you are welcome here. From personal experience, I know that sometimes when I'm depressed, I tend to take things really personally and things seem to hurt more. Also, I'm a quiet person and it took a while to make friends and get to know people. (Just like it is for me in RL.)

That said, there are lots of reasons why a thread might not get a quick or thorough reply, including...

- the topic of the thread might be very close to home for some members, and while they can relate, they're too emotional to respond

- the reader simply doesn't know "what" to say, and rather than hurt someone by saying the wrong thing, they keep quiet

- some people do have friends who always reply; usually those friendships have built up over time or because of some other information they've shared...it doesn't happen overnight

- sometimes it depends on the time of day - if few people are on, it might take some time for a reply

Unfortunately, a thread might go unanswered for maybe a day or two. Staff do try to read and reply to as many as possible so that doesn't happen. And sometimes we're stumped about what to say or we're affected emotionally by the topics, too.

Layla, it's not "you", hun. Stay around a while. Ask "directly, specifically" for the kind of support or help you want, and I'm sure people will respond.

:hug:
    A.

6. total eclipse

total eclipse SF Friend Staff Alumni

Hi Layla i know that feeling of not being wanted trust issues but we are here for you anytime. You can trust the people here they care and understand no one judges anyone here so please stick around You will see . With your fiancee i hope you can figure it out let us know if you need support there. Sometimes we do need our own space for awhile so we can think clearly. I hope you can get some councilling because talking with someone in person seems to help alot and Therapist will be able to help you and maybe get you on meds that might help.. Keep posting okay someone will respond take care and i am glad you are here and are reaching out to us. I am glad you are speaking out and letting us know how you are feeling.

7. ZombiePringle

ZombiePringle Forum Buddy and Antiquities Friend

I would really like to see you stick around. I've enjoyed talking to you the last couple days about our children and what not. :hug: I hope you find some support here.

8. Stranger1

Stranger1 Forum Buddy & Antiquities Friend

Hey Layla,
    I know how you feel.. When I joined I felt like I was invisible..No one was talking to me even though I was replying to as many threads as possible..When I said I was leaving because of that, I had alot of support come my way..
    Give it time you will have friends and support from others here..I have cut my time back till the mornings but feel free to PM me anytime and I will get back to you as soon as I see it.. I also have my email pulled up all day so you can reach me just about anytime on there..My address is in my profile..I wish you happiness and that things work out with your boyfriend..Take care!!!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.