1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Some People Are Hard To Get Rid Of

Discussion in 'Rants, Musings and Ideas' started by fromthatshow, Jul 13, 2011.

1. fromthatshow

fromthatshow Staff Alumni SF Supporter

There are a couple people in my life that I don't like hanging out with. One kid in particular I went to high school with. I don't enjoy hanging out with him anymore. He calls me all the time, at least once a week. He'll call and before even saying hi say when are we hanging out. I can't just say I don't want to hang out with you. I end up just saying later in the week, and eventually hanging out with him every couple weeks because I don't have it in me to say I don't enjoy spending time with you.

How can I do it? I would be so relieved yet very sad if I told him I don't want to hang out with you. I've tried saying I'm super busy but some people never get the hint. They keep pushing and pushing.

How do you guys do it? I don't see how I'll end that call not feeling like the biggest shit in the world. I don't know any other nice way of saying I don't enjoy your company other than saying those exact words though. I don't think I've ever had to end a friendship like that. I've always done it passively by ignoring calls and such.