Some People Are Hard To Get Rid Of

Discussion in 'Rants, Musings and Ideas' started by fromthatshow, Jul 13, 2011.

1. fromthatshow

fromthatshow Staff Alumni

There are a couple people in my life that I don't like hanging out with. One kid in particular I went to high school with. I don't enjoy hanging out with him anymore. He calls me all the time, at least once a week. He'll call and before even saying hi say when are we hanging out. I can't just say I don't want to hang out with you. I end up just saying later in the week, and eventually hanging out with him every couple weeks because I don't have it in me to say I don't enjoy spending time with you.

How can I do it? I would be so relieved yet very sad if I told him I don't want to hang out with you. I've tried saying I'm super busy but some people never get the hint. They keep pushing and pushing.

How do you guys do it? I don't see how I'll end that call not feeling like the biggest shit in the world. I don't know any other nice way of saying I don't enjoy your company other than saying those exact words though. I don't think I've ever had to end a friendship like that. I've always done it passively by ignoring calls and such.