Some people are just losers.

Discussion in 'Family, Friends and Relationships' started by lord.nigel, Jan 29, 2013.

1. lord.nigel

lord.nigel Well-Known Member

this guy wants to chat, and wont get the hint im not interested.

he wants to date......i say no thanks,
    he asks for sex.........i say im not looking,
    he says he wants he wants frienship with kisses...i say look im not interested

he gets all angry and he goes

***its typical*** ***ive wasted his time****

some people are real losers. if you come on too all creepy and refuse to take signals, then you only have yourself to blame.

one loser blocked.
  2. Prinnctopher's Belt

Prinnctopher's Belt Antiquities Friend SF Supporter

No respect. Many men have no manners or idea of how to handle rejection, so they react that way - become angry and say mean things - as the only mechanism they know to preserve their ego.
  3. normaljoe

normaljoe Well-Known Member

yea true. but on the other hand being nice and a gentleman does nothing either.
  4. Prinnctopher's Belt

False. Politeness is no immunity from rejection, but it is a measure of your character and how you treat others. Just because you're a gentleman doesn't mean you won't be rejected. So saying that it's useless to be nice is false. The purpose of being kind and respectful isn't to get everything you want.
  5. normaljoe

normaljoe Well-Known Member

first off do not straw man my position. I never claimed that it should get me "everything I want". you put that in there yourself. nor did I claim it would make me "immune from rejection", matter of fact I am not even sure you and I read the same comment. maybe you should not put so much into a comment when you read it. maybe I was refering to being used? maybe i was refering to immaturity in my age group? think before you post a response.
  6. lord.nigel

lord.nigel Well-Known Member

ive found if you take the good approach. e.g take it really well, it makes people look more attractive in the long run. then the people will feel guilty for ever letting you go.

on the plus, you can spot the weirdos a mile away. they think they are probably hiding it, but they arent.
  7. Prinnctopher's Belt

You just said but being nice and a gentleman does nothing either, to a response about people getting mean when they don't get what they want. Sorry if I'm drawing a natural implication there that being a gentleman "gets you nothing" means it should get you what you want...just for being a gentleman. No need to be snappy, you could just clarify what you meant.

Nobody's about to guess what you "maybe" meant, and then you get mad when you feel misunderstood in a guessing game. Clarify and say what you mean and mean what you say.

Last edited by a moderator: Jan 30, 2013
  8. japanlover

japanlover Well-Known Member

Lol. I like the op. The guy you encountered sounds like the typical prick. I've learned from a lot of women that most of them know what they want. This is why I don't even bother. I guess this guy hasn't figured that out yet
  9. meaningless-vessel

meaningless-vessel Well-Known Member

To me, if someone can't handle the rejection, they shouldn't put themselves in the position of having it done. That said, you didn't waste his time, he did by trying to push for something that wasn't going to happen. Trying to blame you for it shows that he's not mature enough to actually be with anyone, because of the bully-style approach.

Being nice and treating people with kindness and respect is a common concern for a lot of people because it doesn't seem to be showcased enough anymore. When people are that way, particularly in teens (i have a 16 year old niece, a 13 and 14yo nephews) it can cause anxiety because is it possible that they may not be genuine? There is always that risk. And whether someone is 100% genuine gentleman, or 100% selfish bully, it doesn't necessarily stop rejection or acceptance by itself, there can be a lot more reasons for going one way or the other.