Some people on here......

Discussion in 'Rants, Musings and Ideas' started by Kaos General, Sep 4, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Kaos General

Kaos General Well-Known Member

Something thats really been bugging me lately in a big way. Some members have taken it upon themselves to make a new site because they are unhappy about this site which is fair enough, i can understand that. They bitch and complain about SF and think its gone downhill i can also understand that also. But the thing that bugs me the most is the same members all brag about spamming their link to their site on here, all go on and on and on how shit SF is but hey they still come on here. It just seems a bit wrong to me somehow. If your gonna constantly bitch about this site why come back again and again and again? Everyones entitled to their opinions i guess but to voice them in a way where you assume you will go undetected is just wrong in my eyes.

2. GA_lost

GA_lost Well-Known Member

I have seen this happen before. A group decides they want to undermine an existing forum. I suppose they have their right to their own opinion just so long as they do not step on our rights.

3. 41021

41021 Banned Member

I don't know what you are talking about BUT...
    I agree. That's nonsensical. Immature. Ridiculous.

They must be getting something out of the site...the site must be of some benefit to them, even if they don't admit to it, if they continue returning. Even if what they get is some kind of "joke"...they are still getting something...and not GIVING, which is wrong. Bottom line; if they return, they are getting something out of being here.

This is a good site. It is an important site. It meets an important need. It is of great benefit overall. There are good good people here (and you happen to be one of those good good people). People with good hearts, kind hearts, generous hearts, who honestly care and try to show it the best they can, despite their own personal hells. To those people...this is not a game. It's not a joke. It's life and death.

Any organization, site, company, service, group, forum, etc is going to have it's quirks...things that surely could be better or could be improved upon. Overall, the site works. It functions fairly well. There are mistakes made, sometimes big ones. There are awesome things that happen. The staff here does not rush into changes...which is good. Nothing is going to be perfect for everyone.

The site has a long history. It's still here. It is quite active. That says a lot. It's working. It's meeting a need.

Hell, I would point it out...I'd point those people out. I would clearly state my opinion to them. I'm sure staff does not feel the same way i do, but it's the members who make up this site, and it is the members who make a difference. It will be the members who protect the site and take care of it. Personally, I don't want to see people abuse the site with their agendas. They can start their own site, work hard to build credibility, but don't be Takers only using this site as free advertising...let them find their own way to promote their site.

I'm glad you brought this up :hug:

4. itmahanh

itmahanh Senior Member & Antiquities Friend

If that's the best they can do once they've left here, then glad they left. Cant see how they made any contribution to the site. Brings back memories of school days when there was ALWAYS a group of shit disturbers that spread rumors or told stories about others behind their backs. But never fessed up to it when the shit hit the fan. Cowards. Through and through. This is a suicide site. No body here is trying to impress anyone else. We already have enough real problems to deal with. And staff are nothing more than people too. Everyone here does the best they can. No one should expect anything more.

Oh well, their bitching is probably bringing more members to SF. You know... curiousity killed the cat??? It is said word of mouth is the best advertising (lol).

5. pinkpetals33

pinkpetals33 Well-Known Member

Maybe I'm cyber blind but I didn't realize we had drama going on......I dunno too depressed to notice it.:i'm sorry:

6. Axiom

Axiom Account Closed

Havent heard about this, but that's why I stay away from people here. It's um.. human nature.

suicide isn't a perfect science, or perhaps it is. No matter how low we all feel, we're still people trying to be individuals. And sometimes people need to build off the backs of others/groups.

Can't say I agree with the bitching part. If they don't like something, I hope they have a real truthful honest reason and can explain it, because SF has for the most part been very open minded.

Then again though, I've not been in the chat really for almost 3 or 4 years,(minus those odd occassions when I chance it). I don't know the new social groups that are around, but. What can you do. Once this one quietens down, another one will form with another range of problems. SF has endured loads of attacks from individuals and groups that frequeneted it. Im not saying turn a blind eye to it, but perhaps, try to see it that these people, are really .. depressed. And it's just how they are dealing with it, and possibly, falling into school yard antics at the same time.

7. Daphna

Daphna Well-Known Member

Whats the site called?

8. gentlelady

gentlelady Staff Alumni

I have to agree with you Kali. It is the members that make this site the place it is. As a peer to peer support site, we would not exist without the efforts of everyone. The sad thing is, it is also the members that can bring this site down to a level where others do not feel safe being here. I am thankful we have as many good people as we do. I would also like to point out that staff are also members. I wish that people did not have to see it as a division. There should be no "us against them" mentality. We all came here for the same reasons. We all have our demons, all of us. We are all hurting in some way or another. As for people creating other sites...I wish them well. The more support sites out there to fit the needs of its membership, the better. Not everyone is suited for the same places. Their needs are not all the same. I do find it sad when people have to put down things just because it didn't happen to work out for them. I have belonged to vaorious forums, still do, and some meet my specific needs and others do not. But I would not dream of trash talking one or trying to pit one against another because of that. It is part of human nature for some people. We have to learn what we are going to take in and what we are not and along with that stop and think what harm could possibly be done by the choices we make. But first, you have to care. Some prefer to lash out and try to make themselves look better. Again, that is a personal choice. You will find this in all walks of life. You get out of something what you put into it I guess. When i start looking for negative things, I find them. If I concentrate on finding the positive ones, they can also be found. But, what do I know?

9. Viro

Viro Well-Known Member

Seems like I missed a lot while I was gone...

10. Stranger1

Stranger1 Forum Buddy & Antiquities Friend

This burns my ass.. SF has always been a very supportive site.. They have saved my life a couple of times.. To have members here bad mouthing it on another site is just shamefull.. If they don't like it then quit coming here trying to draw others away to this new site..

11. Daijou

Daijou Well-Known Member

I just recently joined, so my opinion may not hold as much weight as the veterans here. But while searching for a safe place to go, one that I could feel comfortable at and have people to talk to, people that wouldn't judge me, condescend me, or sometimes just plain ignore me, I found many sites. I browsed forum after forum, even posted on a few other sites, but none of them had the right atmosphere.

I don't remember exactly how I found SF, but I'm extremely glad I did. I find it wonderful here. There are so many different forums that cover just about everything. Even ones to go just to have fun or share the brighter things in life that make you happy. Then there's places to go to vent, or ask for help/advice if needed, and always a ton of kind souls to help you when you ask.

To me, SF is safe and comfortable, and I like it here. Maybe other's don't get the same reaction to it as I do, and they're entitled to their opinions. But to go around slandering the name when it's helped so many individuals (for what looks like quite a few years now) is utterly disgusting. I don't know how they can bring themselves to do that, but I hope that they stop soon.

12. boo

boo Well-Known Member

Yes, i have seen that site in question. Although they have the right to start their own site if they think they can do better, but IMHO doing so goes against the very foundation why a support forum is made. Instead of sticking together and provide help to the needed, they prefer to divide the effort. Like that old expression : "United we stand, devided we fall".

I don't know if it's true, but if they are indeed loitering around SF with the sole purpose of advertizing their site than yea, that's lame. How would they like if i do the same at their site? They would prolly ban my ass asap.

I didn't want to create drama, especially on behalf of those people that's why i didn't create a thread about this. But i thank you Wayne for making this thread.

SF is my home. After i was temporarely banned i tried to find substitutes. And trust me i've looked and subscribed to many sites. To the point where i would meet old SF faces on those site. lol!!! Some sites looked pretty, yea they sure did. But none have the tight family feeling SF provided. Needless to say, i begged to come back here :)

Last edited by a moderator: Sep 5, 2010
  13. Kaos General

I honestly dont see what the point of their site is but hey each to their own. Its not like they can get out of it due to the fact i copy and pasted what they was saying, but yet because theyve done nothing wrong on here then its allowed. I can understand that though but it doesnt mean i have to like it.

14. 41021

41021 Banned Member

None of us have to like it!
    I don't like it. I don't like the very thought of it.
    I stand 100% behind what Boo has said, as well.

...and Chuck, you and anyone else here, should be able to voice your opinion about it, and to hell...I want to know who these ppl are, as It is my choice who i am supportive of, and i DO NOT wish to support this type of thing. I do not wish to go out on a limb, or use what little emotional resources I may currently have, to support people who are creating divisions, badmouthing this site, hurting the people here, etc etc....sorry i don't feel well at the moment...articulating is not easy.

I don't have the energy to expend on people who are doing this. I'm sorry. They have each other. They do not need me and i do not wish to fall victim to them nor be preyed upon should that be part of any tactics.

***hugs*** for my sf family. I love you all and i need you. :sad:
    ugh
    ***tears***

15. boo

boo Well-Known Member

Your opinion is just as good as any. And for a 20 years old, you show alot of maturity in your post :)

16. Kaos General

Just because your new doesnt mean your opinion is worth any less than people who have been here for a while. Your post actually makes a lot of sense. I actually envy you because your new here!!!

17. itmahanh

itmahanh Senior Member & Antiquities Friend

Well said and my sentiments exactly. Why not post the names or the site so that others dont end up wasting their precious time, efforts and support? When a member is banned on SF it is clear for all others to see. So why cant it be the same for those that only use the site and it's members as fuel for their immature behaviour or pure malice in some cases? Just thinking that someone may be using me for their own gain stresses me terribly. I dont like the feeling that someone who I may very well think of as a friend could be gossiping about me or my problems or the sites I choice to go to for support in a very public way. It may not be breaking any rules at SF but I'm certain in RL it's called slander and worthy of court action!

I'm sorry maybe just a little too sensitive about the subject but I've been hurt enough times by "friends" and dont need to worry about it still happening. This cuts deep as one of my most pressing issues is trust. Very hard thing for me to do and even harder if I'm constantly questioning whether I'm being used or not.

18. boo

boo Well-Known Member

Unless they are causing a great deal of problem then i don't think it's appropriate to name names. If you must know then ask people around in private. I'm sure alot of people know who they are. The mods and admins are leaving them be for now. If you truly have a problem then write to the LTM. If enough people do so then the admins might take action. But until then lets remain calm and focus on things worthy of our effort. Last thing we need to do is to give those people the satisfaction.

19. GA_lost

GA_lost Well-Known Member

It makes me sick that people target people who are so vulnerable. The other site that had the same thing happen had members who are self injurers ie very vulnerable. People have the right for their own opinion, but do not have the right to trash talk other people. I become especially concerned about the people here because they are so vulnerable.

20. 41021

41021 Banned Member

I'm with itmahanh on this. Generally i am reasonable. Currently i am in a very fragile state, as are many on this site.

Let them take their toys and go play in their own sandbox while those at this site deal with fucking life and death on a g-d daily basis, okay?

ugh...i do NOT want to lose any more of you, okay? I would rather invest my time and my heart, in someone who is truly in need, than someone playing games with my head.

I do know of a couple people who have messed with my head...but i have willingly allowed it and i know what the score is. I don't like the thought of them doing it to the rest of my sf family though. :sad: sadly, i have seen those same persons mess with others here, and the ones getting messed with are the ones who end up getting moderated...not the ones who initiated it. That is rather irritating to me.

I think i need to shut my mouth now as i am in a foul foul mood.

xxxx sf family

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.