some people online

Discussion in 'Rants, Musings and Ideas' started by Mordeci, Sep 8, 2010.

1. Mordeci

Mordeci Banned Member

So I finally got the nerve to make a post on the comment section of a news article online. It happened to be a music review for a band I like Interpol and their new album (great album by the way) it wasn't anything deep or emotional like that it just said I like the band I have hope for their future even though their bassist left and I liked their last album too, which most people seemed not to. Anyway I forgot to do spell check so the grammer and spelling wasn't perfect but it was far from atrotious, I mean the general point got across, considering I wrote it tired at 2:30 in the morning it wasn't awful. Anyway after I posted these two jerks made very rude and sarcastic coments because my spelling and grammer didn't meet their standards, and for some reason it upset me a great deal. They would never have the nerve to say it to my face but they do it online. I don't know I just needed to vent this is really upsetting me and I cant get over it.
  2. total eclipse

total eclipse SF Friend Staff Alumni

some people have nothing better to do then be assholes really last forum i was on was all about grammer sentencing etc they didn't care abt words the substance of the words

Some people need to get a life don't let these ignorant no class idiots upset you they are not worth it.
  3. Axiom

Axiom Account Closed

What did you write in responce to their replies?
  4. Mordeci

Mordeci Banned Member

Nothing getting into an argument in cyberspace won't make me feel better.
  5. morning rush

morning rush Well-Known Member

maybe...but standing up for yourself don't have to engage in the fight, but you can let them know that they are being stupid and that they should be pitied because they probably have nothing else to do or have no life...thank god you are better than them :)
  6. Axiom

Axiom Account Closed

Yeah you don't have to get into an argument. You can casual comment on what they focused on and comapre it to what they missed, or what have you.
    It's a form of standing up for yourself in that public section, but also for yourself. Cause, as you said it's on the internet, but it's bothered you. So pressumably if you were able to comment on a level that fitted you without starting an argument, it might help you realize that those comments are worthless and from people with nothing better to do than to stroke their own egos